25

Emmett's POV

The next day

-

I'm quitting my job. I'm moving out of Pennsylvania, I'm going back to Kansas. I need a new start. I need to get away from Ricky.

I'm tired of constantly letting him break down my walls right after I build them up.

I'm not moving back into my grandparents' old house, too many memories and it would be too creepy.

Anyway... I'm at my job.

I'm sure my boss will understand why I'm quitting. Although, I'll miss hanging out with Allie everyday.

I got out of my car and went inside.

"Hey, Emm!" Allie greeted.

"Hey, Allie..." I said, smiling weakly.

"You doing okay?" She asked.

"Not really..." I told her.

"Spill" she said.

"I miss Riley so much, then when I got home with Ricky, he broke up with me because he's not as in love with me as he thought he was and he left. I'm moving back to Kansas. I need to start over fresh" I told her.

"Hold up. Ricky pursued you for months and as soon as you need him most, he decides that he doesn't love you? Hell no, after work, we're gonna talk some sense into his ass" she stated.

"Allie, don't worry about it. It's nothing new, he's done it several times, what makes you think he'll stop? Even with a child, he still left me. In a few months, he'll claim that he loves me again and sweep me off my feet just to break my heart again" I replied.

"No. I'm gonna worry about it. You're basically my little sister, I'm not gonna let him hurt you again. I'm gonna tell him that he either needs to stop playing with your heart or treat you like his princess because it's fucked up that ever since he met you, he's been fucking with your heart. For the last like seven years, all he's done is make you love him, make you hate him, love him again and lie to you. That's not the proper way to treat a lady." She insisted.

"I guess I have to date one of his friends again to make him jealous enough to pursue me again, like I did when I was eighteen" I said.

"As bad as that sounds, that might work, but we still need to talk to him" she said.

"Alright. I wasn't being serious about dating one of his friends. The only possible friend of his that I could date is Vinny and the last time I did that, it was a disaster" I replied.

"You could if you wanted to, Emmett, you're still a young adult, you'll find that guy who loves you like no other soon" she assured me.

"I know. Maybe I should stop forgiving Ricky and move on. I'm twenty-four years old and Ricky and I have been off and on since I was seventeen. This isn't healthy. I've only been in three relationships and none of them have been anywhere near healthy. Vinny and I fought all the time, Ricky and I were just really toxic for each other, and Gared was really controlling of me. Maybe I'm attracted to the wrong guys." I shrugged.

"Maybe. Just let me talk to Ricky, maybe you guys will get back together and Ricky will stop an immature douche" she said.

"Maybe. All I want is for him to make up his mind, he can't keep saying that he loves me and then leave me" I said.

"I know, kiddo, we'll talk to him tonight" she said.

"Alright" I said.

-

The work day is over. Allie and I are about to go over to Ricky's.

"After this, do you wanna come over and have dinner with Ryan and I?" Allie asked as we stopped at the red light.

"Sure" I replied.

"I hope I can get you and Ricky back together, you guys were really cute together" she told me.

"If you can't, then it's no big deal. I'll go back out to Kansas and start a new life" I said.

"If I can't get you and Ricky back together, please don't leave. I don't want to lose my best friend" she said.

"Fine. I won't" I stated as we parked outside of Ricky's house. Ricky literally lives three blocks away from where Allie and I work.

We got out of the car and walked to Ricky's front door.

Allie rang the doorbell.

A few minutes later, Ricky answered.

"Emmett, what are you doing here?" Ricky asked.

"Olson. I need to speak to you" Allie said.

"Okay..." Ricky replied awkwardly.

"Look, Richard, quit fucking playing with my sister's heart, you've been doing this shit for years. Either stay and treat her like a princess or leave and quit pursuing her. I've noticed that every time she needs you, you leave. You're fucking up her definition of love. If you loved her, you wouldn't fucking treat her like that. If she gets another boyfriend, don't pursue her. She doesn't deserve it. You don't deserve her. She's a great girl and you keep on making her fall for you and then breaking her heart. If you get back with her, you're staying with her. You're not gonna leave her as soon as she needs you" Allie snapped.

"O-okay... Emmett, will you take me back?" Ricky asked.

"Give me three reasons why I should" I said.

"Because I'm an idiot for breaking up with you, I love you and you're the most amazing girl on the planet" he said.

"I probably shouldn't take you back this easily, but whatever. This will be the last chance I'm giving you. If you break up with me again or you lie to me, we're done. I won't be taking you back ever again" I told him.

"Allie, I'm stealing your sister for the night" he said.

"Actually, Ricky, I was supposed to have din-" I said before Allie cut me off.

"Have fun. Use protection. I'll see you at work on Monday, Emm" she said, winking before she walked to her car.

"I'm sorry, baby" he said, pulling me against his body and holding me.

"Was yesterday just a really bad day for you? Did I do anything wrong?" I asked.

"Yeah, it was a really bad day, I didn't want to bury Riley and no, you didn't do anything." He replied.

"How come you wanted to steal me tonight?" I asked.

"So we can spend time together" he said.

"You want sex, don't you?" I asked.

"No... But I wouldn't mind" he said, grabbing my ass. I jumped into his arms and slammed my lips into his.

He carried me inside as our lips moved in sync.

He carried me to his room and tossed me down onto his bed. He got on top of me, straddling me. I think you guys know what's going to happen *wink wink*.