15

Emmett's POV

-

"I need to tell you something..." Ricky said, biting his lip nervously and looking down.

"What?" I asked.

He sighed heavily.

"Feel free to slap me or whatever but... I'm still in love with you" he said.

"You wait this long to tell me?" I asked.

"I didn't realize it until I found out that you and Gared were dating. So much jealousy and sadness built up when I found out. I realized that I'm still in love with you, I love you more than I ever loved Lily" he explained.

"You're not going to leave me again? Are you? Because that seems to be an ongoing theme when you confess your love to me, either that or you lie to me" I asked.

"I swear to you, Emmett, I've changed and I wouldn't dream of leaving you again" he said.

"You've said that too" I told him.

"Jesus Christ, Emmett. I've grown up, I'm thirty-three years old, I can't make hasty decisions anymore, especially when it involves our daughter. Us being together involves Riley, so I can't leave if we're together. It'd hurt her too much for us to break up, she's been dying for us to be together" he said.

"Fine, I believe you but we are not together, we won't be for a while, you have to prove yourself, you need to prove to me that you won't leave. We need to get on a friendly level again and see what happens from there. I also don't want a relationship right now, since I just got out of one" I told him. He nodded.

"I won't disappoint you" he said, flashing a smile.

-Ricky's Pov-

I honestly didn't expect her to want to be with me anyway. I just needed to get that off of my chest. Since Gared is no longer in the picture, I can work on making us a family and we can have the happily ever after that Riley wants.

All Riley wants is her mommy and daddy together again, but the problem is- is that her mommy and daddy were never together. I was too much of an ass to stick around and take care of Emmett while she was pregnant with Riley. Fuck. I don't even deserve Emmett. I've treated her like shit. I didn't even try to be nice or anything to her. I will admit, I kind of did use the 'I love you' thing to get down her pants. Which worked, but it was the wrong thing to do.

I need to quit playing with Emmett's heart. I taught her love, but I keep fucking her up by saying I love her and then leaving her.

I'll do my best to make her love me back...