𝒞𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒻ℴ𝓇𝓃𝒾𝒶 𝓈𝓃ℴ𝓌 (𝒞𝒽ℯ𝓃𝒻ℴ𝓇𝒹)

Start from the beginning

The December air was ice cold against her skin, which was still an unusual, and even unsettling thing for Lucy who was to panicked over the possibility of a power outage. She got into her car, and turned her heater on, before driving to Tim's house. She had attempted to get their earlier to help out, but Angela had arrived first with Wesley, alongside Harper a dwho was helping set up while Tim cocked something. Lucy was let in by Angela, who seemed more then happy to see everyone who arrived. "What can I do?" Lucy asked, after getting inside, knowing she wanted to help out. "Well me and Harper are finishing up the decorations, Weasley is getting the drinks, James went to get the ice, and I think Nolan and Bailey are picking up snacks on the way, so you can help Tim, he's in the kitchen." Angela said, with a smile as she went back to working. "Thanks Angela." Lucy said, in response before walking towards the kitchen.

Tim was in his usual attire wearing some light gray jeans, and a light blue shirt. He was completely lost in what he was doing which gave Lucy a few moments to stop and admire him. Until she finally snapped out of it, and shook her head a bit. "Hi Tim." She said, softy with a small smile on her face, as he turned to see his friend in the doorway after he took the pan out of the oven and set it on the counter. "Lucy, hi. You're early." He stated, though his face was softened, and his lips curved slightly to show a small smile forming on his lips. "Sorry, Angela said I could help." She said, blushing quite a bit, from the pure nervousness she felt. Tim looked at her for a few moments before, smiling a bit a nodded. "Okay, you can get the plates and glasses if you want. And before you ask, Kojo is in the room if you want to feed him." He said, chuckling slightly as he went back to what he was doing.

Lucy quickly relaxed as she smiled brightly after he gave her permission to see Kojo. It was true that Lucy absolutely loved Kojo and would come over to Tim's house, or watch him any chance she got. "God you know me so well." She said, giggling a bit before taking the plates out of the cabinet, and taking them and the silverware out to the dining room table before coming back to grab the glasses, when she found herself struggling to reach the shelves which Tim quickly took notice of, and it amused him nonetheless. "It's not funny." Lucy said, crossing her arms a bit and pouting as Tim reached above her to grab the glasses. "Oh yes it's very funny. It's like sometimes I just look at you and I forget, but moments like this is when I realize you really are that short." He said, laughing still as he teased her about it, but what had confused Lucy was the tone he was using. "I'm not short Tim, you're just like 6 foot or something." Lucy said still with her arms crossed over her chest.  "Both are true Luce, you however are still short." He said, with a smile still across his face as he went back to what he was doing, but Lucy still saw his clear blue eyes on her every few moments.

By time everyone got to Tim's house everything was fully ready for the party. It was a casual get together of people from work. We'd all eaten pretty soon on, and went along with the casual party games and chats over drinks. Smitty and some of the other guys left earlier leaving only Lucy, Tim, Angela, Weasley, Harper, James, Nolan, Bailey, and Arron as Gray and Luna were visiting their daughter for Christmas. By this point it was nearly 9pm and the snow was finally starting which despite the drinks, and distracts Lucy couldn't completely ignore her anxiety regarding the snow.

When Lucy went off with Bailey to grab snakes for the others from the kitchen, Tim looked over at Angela in attempts to figure some things out. Because despite Tim Bradford's efforts not to focus on Lucy all night he was failing to do so, due to something that was just slightly off about her that he couldn't put his finger on. He knew Lucy better then anyone after riding with her for so long, but not just that he was concerned for her which was a common occurrence given his feelings he had for his former rookie. "Do you know what's up with Lucy, she seems off." Tim asked, Angela after some of the others had gotten up from the table. Angela shrugged a bit, her to noticing the anxiety from Lucy. "I think it has something to do with the storm tonight. She's been on edge since she learned of it on Wednesday." Angela stated, knowing it was that combined with the fact she probably missed Jackson.