"What ?" She mumbled smiling back at him

"Nothing" he shook his head, and then pointed to the top of the counter "isn't that it right there ?"

She stood up to see her brush sitting on the top of the counter "oh yea" she nodded, before she picked it up.

"You know, i really need to organize under your cabinets" Soriah said while kai looked at her with a confused expression.

"Didn't you do that last week"

"yea but you know i brought more of my stuff and i didn't take my other products home. so now they're just all here. So it needs to be organized again" soriah answered, and after she started brushing her teeth.

"Hmmm" he hummed at her reply before grabbing his toothbrush and the toothpaste from her.

While he brushed his teeth, she washed her face and did her skin care and right after she started on her hair and makeup .

"How many people do you think are gonna show up ?" She asked and he shrugged in response.

"Probably the whole block. Hopefully this shit don't go left. you know how niggas get when it's bunch of them in the same place." Kai shook his head making soriah laugh under her breath.

"I really hope everybody and they momma ain't there. I do not feel like talking that much" Soriah sighed, and Kai nodded in agreement.

"Me either, but you know cortez knew everybody." Kai shrugged. they were both getting ready to go to a party that Cortez's mom was throwing. Kai didn't know why she was throwing a party this close to the anniversary of Cortez's death, but he didn't question it.

When she asked him to show up, he decided it could be the least he could do. but he of course had to have Soriah by his side because even going to the house that Cortez use to live at brought a lot of memories back.

"I hope everyone acts right.. i know his momma been going through it" Soriah trailed off as she started to straighten and do her hair.

"here let me see" kai mumbled, pointing to her hair straightener. she smiled at him, before handing it to him. And He started to slowly and carefully do her hair.

"Kai don't burn me—" she mumbled just before he burned the side of her ear. "oww , see no" she quickly took the straightener from him while he laughed.

"my bad, hold on." He said while trying not to laugh. he rubbed on her ear trying to soothe it but she pushed his hand away quickly.

"i love you but just go ahead and leave the bathroom please" she said pushing him out the bathroom.

"yea i love you too wife" he said before walking out the bathroom.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓
ᴊᴀᴄᴋsᴏɴᴠɪʟʟᴇ, ғʟ

Soriah leaned against the front door, watching Duke and kai talk on the porch next to her. She didn't know exactly what they were tallied about cause she wasn't paying attention, and Mari was even sitting beside her talking but she wasn't even paying attention to her.