They laugh as the alarm goes off, "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, injury on blueline. Logan Square Station."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Arriving at the station, the three paramedics stay back until Boden had confirmed that the power was off on the lines. Then they followed the rest of the units down to the train where a man was pinned in underneath the train.

"Get the pressure dressings ready," Nicole tells them.

They watch as Truck and Squad work together to get the train lifted and cut his leg out before extracting him. Gabby puts a neck brace on as Nicole talks to him, "Jacob."

"My-my sister?"

Matt nods, "We're looking for her right now."

Shay says, "Okay, pressure dressings in place. Let's go."

They lift him up and move to the ambulance.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Nicole and Gabby come out to go to the rig and spot Shay having lunch with Clarice, "What? I can't eat a sandwich?"

"Hey, Gabby!" Clarice called out.

"Hey, Clarice," Gabby says back quetly.

"Goodbye Clarice!" Nicole shouts, getting in the rig.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

"She had a seizure. Then couldn't breathe," The mom tells them.

Shay tries getting the patient's attention, "Grace. Can you hear me? She's responsive."

"This ever happened before?"

The mom is a puddle of nervous energy, "No, I mean yes. She's had a seizure before."

Nicole questions her, "She taking any anti-seizure medication?"

She shakes her head, "No, the doctors never found anything. But she has celiac disease. She's been on a gluten free diet the last two months."

"Diminished lungs," Shay says.

"Okay, let's get her to Chicago U."

"No."

"Ma'am, we gotta get Grace to the hospital," Gabby argues.

"Not Chicago U, my father died at that hospital. Please, don't take her there," the mother pleads with them.

Nicole thinks for a second before nodding, "Okay, fine, Lakeshore, but we gotta go now."

They arrive at the hospital, where grace tries to take off the oxygen mask, "Whoa, easy there, Grace."

"I don't like the way it smells," She weakly says.

"The way what smells?" Nicole asks.

The doctors rush towards them as Shay gives information, "Six-year-old girl. Respiratory distress, history of undiagnosed seizures."

"Exam room two, we'll take it from here."

Nicole shakes her head, "Something's up with that chick."

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Back at the firehouse, Nicole tells Gabby, "Call Hallie for me. I need to check in with Matt on something."

Gabby nods, "Sure, no problem. I'll get her to pull Grace's medical records."

Nicole jogs after Matt as he starts down the driveway, "Matt, wait up!"

He stops, turning to her, "Hey, I'm gonna go meet Christie and them."