"thanks." Lydia smiled.

It would take time for Lydia to settle in, and feel welcomed. She's not used to a place like this, all these people that actually care about each other, and will do anything for each other. It was all new to her. She's only used to the things she's seen with the whisperers, and the way they lived.

"you think this place will last?" Lydia asked as she looked over at me

"i do." i looked at her.

Lydia nodded her head, picking up the sandwich and taking a bite. She relaxed her shoulders, tasting something that was actually good, and wouldn't make her sick.

"listen, people are gonna treat you differently at first, because they know where you came from, but they'll come around." I took a sip of water.

"how do you know?" Lydia asked.

"i had to go through it. People giving me the side eye, never trusting me, always rude, but things are better because they know me now." i explained to her.

"what if it doesn't work that way for me? You never walked with us. It's different with me.." Lydia looked down at her half eaten sandwich.

"i know, but some of the people here never trusted that i wasn't with the whisperers. They still thought i was apart of them because of who my mother was." i leaned over the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"they're not gonna like me." Lydia looked back up.

"they will. They'll learn to love you too." i smiled at her.

We both finished our food, washing the plates off, and putting them back in the cabinet. I showed Lydia around Alexandria, getting some side-eyes in the process, but it was nothing new.

"this will only take a few minutes." i told Lydia as i walked inside the Infirmary. She nodded and waited on the porch.

I went inside, grabbing some new bandages, and lifting my shirt up. I winced a bit as i unwrapped the old bandage, replacing it with the new ones.

Throwing the old bandage away in the trash, and walking out. Lydia was sitting on the bench, her arms crossed as she waited patiently.

"what's the bandage for?" Lydia asked.

"Beta, he tried to kill me." i answered truthfully.

"i'm sorry." Lydia stood up.

"it's not your fault. The things Alpha and Beta did, you can't blame yourself for that." i looked at her.

"Mom said you died. After Beta got back, i didn't know what to think." Lydia played with a rock.

"I almost died. Came pretty damn close, but i have people that care about me. They saved me." i walked with her.

"it's beautiful here." Lydia looked around.

"it really is." i smiled.

Part of the wall had been taken down, due to Beta, and the whisperers when they brought the horde here. Negan, and a few others were helping to prepare it. Me and Lydia walked over to help, Lydia standing there to watch while i helped.

Negan stepped out, looking at me, i glanced over at him for a quick second as he stood there. "like what you see?" He asked.

"Nope." i looked away.

"oh, come on." Negan chuckled.

"Not gonna happen, Negan." i placed some metal down.

Loud banging could be heard as people started hammering some metal, trying to rebuild the wall. It was a decent sized opening, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Carol walked over to help too, holding some nails.

I looked up to see a group of people walking over to the opening in the wall. Daryl, Maggie a little boy and some others were with them.

"what happened?" Daryl asked.

"whisperers left a parting gift." i looked at him.

Maggie walked by with a little boy i assumed was her son, Negan stood there looking at her as she walked by. She didn't even acknowledge him, but she knew he was there.

"What's the story with them?" i asked.

"It's a long story." Daryl answered.

It was gonna be dark soon, everyone wrapping up on trying to fix the wall. Daryl helped put a tarp over the small opening that was left, so no walkers could get in.

Maggie and her people settled in nicely. Lydia looked awkward as she stood around, waiting for me. Daryl came over, walking with the two of us as we went back home.

Lydia went upstairs to her room, deciding she was going to get some sleep. Daryl walked up to his, closing his bedroom door as i stood there. I still haven't had the chance to speak with him in private, but now wasn't the right time since he seemed to have been going to bed. I closed my door, looking at daryl's once more before shutting the door completely.