'Kanu drew back her hand before flinging the rock forward, watching as it skipped one, two, three times on the surface of the water. She turned her head to look at Lo'ak who stared at the water with widened eyes.

"Cool, isn't it?" 'Kanu laughed upon seeing his expression. Lo'ak nodded and immediately threw his gaze to the ground in search for a pebble of his own.

Lo'ak stood back up straight, a stone in his hand, "How do you do it?" 'Kanu took one glance at his pebble before shaking her head and searching for another rock. "What?" Lo'ak asked.

'Kanu smiled and looked at him, "It must be flat," she signed to him.

Lo'ak groaned, "Why with the finger talk?"

"Because you must learn," she teased him, still signing.

Lo'ak smiled sarcastically before lifting his hands to sign as well, "Fuck you."

'Kanu gaped at him, her eyes widened comically. Lo'ak laughed at her expression of shock and a moment later she laughed along with him. She nudged him and chuckled when he stumbled into the water. He hadn't fallen, but he still narrowed his eyes at her playfully before kicking the water at her, successfully splashing her wet.

"Okay, okay!" 'Kanu held her hand in front of her face to protect it from the rain. When Lo'ak stopped, she crouched down to pick up a rock, "This one," she told him, taking his hand and placing the stone in it. She took a pebble of her own. "This is how you hold it," she demonstrated.

Lo'ak seemed concentrated as he watched her. He attempted to mimic her actions. He nodded as she threw the rock toward the water - this time it skipped twice. "Use a lot of strength," 'Kanu told him, "Throw it as far as you can, from as low as you can."

Lo'ak bent to the side slightly before flinging the rock forward. He watched excitedly as the stone skipped three times on the surface of the water before it sunk, "Look at that!"

'Kanu clapped her hands, "You did well!"

"Who taught you this?" Lo'ak asked with a smile.

"Everyone here did this growing up. We would have competitions when I was smaller," 'Kanu smiled at the memories, "My brother taught me."

Lo'ak scoffed, "That jerk?"

"He is nice," 'Kanu told him.

"He doesn't give a great impression," Lo'ak said as he picked up another rock. 'Kanu sighed as they watched the pebble skip on the water. It was true - her brother had not shown great hospitality for the forest people.

₊˚.༄

Tuk ran up to 'Kanu, "'Kanu!" She said as she flung herself into the girls arms. Not expecting to be trusted with holding the girls entire weight, 'Kanu had fallen over into the sand. The fruits she had been carrying flew in the air and dropped randomly in all directions, sending the sand flying.

Tuk laughed as she looked up to meet 'Kanu's eyes. "You are lucky those fruits must be peeled," 'Kanu chuckled as she sat up straight, "What is it, Tuk?"

"Where can I find the fairy fish?"

'Kanu smiled at the nickname Tuk had given the creature. Last night 'Kanu had shown her the jellyfish-like animal and it seemed as though Tuk had brown a liking to them. "They can only be found when they are needed," she gently pulled her ear.

Tuk giggled and pulled her head away from her hand, "That's not true!"

'Kanu laughed. She was right, it was not true. But they had no need for them, therefore they should not go looking for them. 'Kanu was so distracted by Tuk that she barely heard her brother and his friends walking toward the beach. Tuk didn't seem to notice them either, because she scrambled to her feet and collected the fallen fruit into one pile beside 'Kanu. "I'll see you later!" Tuk said before running off.