𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲.

Start from the beginning

"Will Rogers obviously never met Sergeant Voight...Alright then" Jenkins says, putting a silver box on top of Nadia's desk and opens it, "The rest of you gather round, give me your names for the certification"

"Hey, how long is this gonna take?" Adam asks, standing up from his desk as Maxine takes a sip of her coffee.

"You got a date?"

"Yes, I do actually"

~~~

The team minus Al and Hank -who are in Hank's office-, are standing around a black mat, learning more about the 'art of taser certification' by Dan Jenkins, also known as the piss guy from firehouse 51.

"The X26 sends 50,000 volts through these two prongs" Jenkins says, holding up a taser, "It disrupts the electrical communication between your nerves and your neurotransmitters. You want to make contact with the torso. Which is, shoulders, pelvis, abdomen, groin. S-P-A-G"

"Come on man, let's get on with it, alright?" Adam says.

"Due time, due time. Now you all, will need to be tasered to be certified. It is completely harmless, but you will know what it feels like to be juiced, which will allow you to definitively testify in court on the reaction to the electrical exposure..."

"Yeah, we get it, man, okay?" Adam says interrupting Dan, while looking at his phone.

"Oh good, a volunteer" Dan says, then he tasers Ruzek, while Kevin tries to hold him up and the team starts laughing.

"Oh, that was worth the price of admission" Jay says, laughing, which quickly turns into a frown when Jenkins says. "You're next"

"I volunteer to tase him" Maxine volunteer's, holding up her hand and Jenkins holds out the taser for her to take, while the partner duo walks over to stand on the black mat.

"Okay. I mean, this doesn't seem like, official enough" Jay says with concern.

"Well, where do you want it?" Max smirks, "S, P, A or G?"

"Shoulders" Jay says but everyone calls out 'G', "Don't you dare!"

~~~

"As you can see, the bigger they are, the harder they drop" Dan says, after tasering Kevin, "50,000 volts is nothing to sniff at"

As Antonio helps Kevin sit on the bench, Adam gets off the phone and Dan says, "Hey Sundance kid, you mind joining us? Or do you want to get the juice again? Trust me I wanna get out of here just as bad as you do"

"Coming" Ruzek says.

"Okay then" Dan says then looks over at Maxine, "you're up, lady"

Maxines face goes pale then says, "Oh, I-I think we've seen enough"

"Oh, x26 does not discriminate by gender. March it over here"

Jay smiles walking over to his partner and says, "It's payback time"

Trudy walks onto the unit from the back staircase and knocks on Voights door, "hey, I got that file you wanted"

"Thanks" Hank says, grabbing the file from the district sergeant. As Trudy leaves, Al says, "what's the file?"

Hank sighs and sets the file on his desk and says, "Dylan Montgomery. My high school girlfriend. She's caught a few collars back in the day"

"Trying to get in touch again?"

"She's Bishops mom"

Alvin's eyes go wide, "whoa. Is that why you took her under your wing when she joined gangs?" The older man asked, taking a bite of his sandwich. Hank shrugs, "partly"

"What's the other part?"

"I'm her father"

"What?"

🪩🪩🪩

After the taser certification was done and the team helped Adam on a gut instinct, which was point on -Kim and Sean had stumbled upon a smuggling operation-. Maxine opens her apartment door for her and Maverick to leave when she finds a middle aged woman about to knock.

"Can I help you?" Maxine asked, putting on her leather jacket.

"Maxine Bishop?"

"Yeah?"

"My name's Dylan. I'm your mother"

And in that moment Maxine's heart fell straight to her stomach. Maverick grabbed her hand, knowing how anxious she was feeling.

authors note;

BOOM 💥
WHAT A MF PLOT TWIST 🤯

BOOM 💥 WHAT A MF PLOT TWIST 🤯