𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"your princess" Maxine smiles. Maverick takes the blindfold out of his pocket and asks, "you trust me?"

"With my life"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks into the district lobby, a coffee in hand and a bright smile plastered on her face, ready to head up to the unit when she hears, "Bishop!"

Max turned around to see Platt waving her over and says, "what's up, Sarg?"

Trudy takes out a huge package of twizzlers and sets it in the desk and slides it over to the detective, "happy birthday"

Maxine smiles, "whoa" then she gives the desk sergeant a fist bump, "you're the best, Sarg. Thank you" then she walks away.

~~~

Maxine walks onto the unit and goes to sit at her desk, setting her coffee and twizzlers down to see a single cupcake and she smiled. Voight always left a cupcake on her desk for her birthday, red velvet with vanilla frosting and a single candle.

Erin closes Voights door behind her and says, "don't get too comfortable. We gotta do a drive by on a possible offender" then she grabs her coat from her desk.

"Bunny?" Maxine asks, standing up and taking a sip of her coffee.

"I'll explain later" Erin says and the two partners leave.

🪩🪩🪩

Erin looks over at her friend who was just smiling, drinking her coffee and says, "you know, ever since I've known you, you have always hated your birthday. Why are you so smiley?"

Maxine looks over at Erin and lays her head on the headrest, "I met someone"

"Ooh. Give me details"

"His name is Maverick. He owns a nightclub and he treats me so good"

"Good for you, M" Erin smiles, "I'm happy for you"

"Thanks E" Maxine says then looks over to see Vosh carrying a bag,"Where's the box truck?"

"Let's find out" Erin says then they follow after Vosh who had gotten into a black mustang.

A couple minutes later they stop when they see Vosh just staring at a building.

"Either he's buying a new muffler..." Maxine starts.

"Or he's casing that check exchange"

Then they see Vosh get out of his car and walk towards a woman who tried to unlock the store and points the gun at her.

Erin gets over the radio and says, "we got a robbery in progress. Requesting back up. 2145, Dearborn"

"Only two ways out"

"Let's go" Erin says, driving onto the sidewalk and up to the door to block it from opening with the car. Then the two detectives get out their long guns and slowly make their way to the front of the building.