Words for the Boy

Clicking his mouse, he scrolled up and down through his playlist, analyzing each and every one of the songs he had. A sighed escaped, implying pure disappointment. The songs.. he was way too fond of them. Being in his current state, even the songs that he'd adore in the past seem to be nothing more than a bore to him. It was as thought with every song name he reads a few seconds of it plays through his mind. The same old sounds he'd heard thousands oftimes before. The same old sounds he was bored of hearing. 

'..What kind of torture is this?'

His headphone, he had it placed away by then(however, they were still plugged in). He took his time staring into the screen of his laptop looking for who-knew-what, which might had been literally nothing knowing how spacey he could get. His hand gestured about the desk catching hold of a piece of paper slipped underneath the back of his laptop. Lazy brown eyes examined them.

"Oh yeah.." He recognized it well. It was the to-do-list he wrote last week, right before summer break. 'Repair fan', 'go swimming', 'plant a tree'.. he hasn't accomplished any of those listed yet a week has gone by. 

"Why would I want to plant a tree?" The question came along with its answer. A day before summer break, the students were given a speech on the importance of planting trees. As everyone was dismissed, they were surprised with a paper given at the school entrance containing the assignment they needed to fulfill— that was, either plant and grow a tree(attaching the photos of it to their papers) or join the tree planting event the teachers had arranged. 

What else was there to expect from such person like Kyosuke? He had missed the event and yet hasn't plant his tree. There was no sign of him doing it any sooner, even. A sudden viberate from his pocket dragged him out of his distress. He answered the call with rush as thought anxious. "Y-yes?"

For a second, silence filled the air. But then the sound of inhale was audible.  "..hello?" 

"Hello, this is Kyosuke speaking!"

"Kyosuke? That's good to hear.." It was a voice of a female and he recognized it, although failed determining the other's identity. 

"Huh?" 

"It's nothing! I'm just.. glad.. that I got the right number." The volume of her voice became lower after every word, giving him the idea that she was perhaps nervous.

"Oh. Sorry to say this but I can't recognize you. Are we classmates? Or are we from the same tuition class?"

"We're," There was a sudden pause. "..not that close to begin with."

Her words kept him thinking. He replied, "Is that so?"

"So it seems."

"Alright.."

"I.. wasn't expecting you to like, know me anyway. Don't worry, though! No hard feelings. I just.. knew you wouldn't kno-"