Chapter 12 - Ms. Americana and the heartbreak prince(Edited)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Libby..."I mumbled.

"Hey, hey, It's okay." I shook my head.

"It's n-not, h-he kissed..." I didn't finish my sentence as I noticed that Libby wasn't alone. "I should probably go." I whispered. Libby shook her head but stopped as she realized I had seen Nash.

"It's really no big deal I can ask him to leave." I shook my head, wiping the tears from my face.

"It's fine." I didn't give Libby a chance to respond before I left.

I booked a hotel for a few nights and headed down the many stairs of Hawthorne House,
finally starting to calm down. When I got the the main foyer I stopped in my tracks.

There standing less than 10 feet away from me stood Avery.

And Grayson.

Grayson's P.O.V

There she was.

Jess was standing so close but she never seemed so far. Her eyes were clouded with what I thought would be anger, but instead there was nothing but betrayal.

I appeared calm on the outside but on the inside I was falling apart. I took the sight of her in. Her eyes were red and her face was dimmed, the light in her eyes gone. I looked down at her feet to see a bag. A bag of her stuff.

I shouldn't have been surprised. I had kissed her sister, it made sense that she didn't want to be around me, let alone sleep in the same bed as me.

Jess started walking towards me. I opened my mouth to say something but she stopped me.

"Save it. I don't care for what you have to say, you and Avery go have fun." I watched as she walked past me and reached the door.

"Jess wait-" She turned around to face me.

"Give it up Grayson. Do you know how badly you hurt me?" I looked down at the ground. "Someone sent me the video. I watched every last second. The whole world saw you cheat on me." I didn't look up to meet her eyes.

"Jess-" She stopped me again.

"Do you know what people were saying? What they said about me?" I gave a slight shake of my head. "They said I deserved it, that you probably only used me for my body, that you liked Avery all along." I didn't say anything.

"Well? Do you have anything to say?" I stayed staring at the floor. "What about you Avery? How's it feel to have just kissed my boyfriend?" Avery glared at her sister.

"I didn't kiss him." Jess glared right back at Avery.

"Well I don't give a shit, my ex-boyfriend still kissed you." The words ex-boyfriend stung but were well deserved.

"Jess please-" I reached out for her hand. She instantly slapped it away.

"You know, I'm starting to understand why Emily never wanted you." I stopped breathing in that moment. Jess gave me one final hateful glance before leaving the house.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Avery's hand. I shook it off, leaving her standing by herself in the foyer. I didn't want her comfort. I didn't want anyone's comfort. I had messed everything up.

And I deserved to suffer for it.

Jess's P.O.V

I thought hurting Grayson would make me feel better, show him how much he hurt me. It didn't. The look on his face as I had mentioned Emily, I knew I had hurt him badly. It didn't change anything though, I was still hurt, still alone, still broken.

I took one of Avery's cars and quickly drove away from Hawthorne House. When I arrived at the hotel I saw a few people look at me and whisper. News sure seemed to travel fast.