Chapter 1 - I forgot that you existed (Edited)

________________________________

"I forgot that you existed, and I thought that it would kill me, but it didn't

"I forgot that you existed, and I thought that it would kill me, but it didn't. And it was so nice, so peaceful and quiet."
- Taylor Swift
________________________________

Jess's P.O.V

I awoke to the sun blazing through a crack in between the curtain and immediately plopped back down in the bed and covered my face with a pillow. I sighed into the silk pillow, throwing it from my face a moment later. A arm reached over me and grabbed the pillow. I laughed at the blonde boy beside me as he pulled the pillow to his face, his strong arms wrapping around it.

I pulled the pillow away from him, letting myself see his perfect face. His eyes were still closed though I was aware that he was awake. I let my hand trace the line of his jaw, a smile coming to his face. I closed my eyes again. This time I felt his hand tracing my softer jawline. Grayson pushed my dirty blonde hair from my face which was now slightly tanner from the rise in temperature.

"I'm honestly surprised you slept through my alarms." Grayson muttered sleepily, his grey eyes slightly opened.

"They're so annoying I just learned to block the sound out." I said back, rolling to my other side.

"I changed them from 6:30 to 8:00 so be grateful for that." Grayson said back, the sleep leaving his voice.

"I am so very grateful." I said in a sarcastic tone. Grayson smiled, getting out of the king sized bed.

"I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast."He said, leaving throw the door that led to his room.

It was another secret passage we had discover one night. It led directly from my bedroom to his, which was quite convenient. This was a large house, but still someone managed to notice me leaving Grayson's room in the morning. This way no one would know.

I threw my legs over the bed, slipping on a pair of bunny slippers Libby had gotten me as a joke. I actually quite enjoyed wearing them. I headed over to my massive closet.

I grabbed a beige plaid skirt and a brown sweater, then headed over to the bed. I looked over to my side which was messy and covered in blankets. Grayson's side had clearly been slept in but if you were looking at it from afar you would barely be able to notice. I shook my head, laughing, even Grayson Hawthorne could sleep perfectly.

After I was ready I headed downstairs. I had managed to memorize the way to the kitchen now and I was rarely ever getting lost. It only took three months. On my way down I walked by Nash.

"Hey, kid." I turned around and waved to him.

"Hey." He leaned against the wall. He looked so calm and always did, I wondered if the world came down on us if he'd even react. Nash Hawthorne would probably tip his cowboy hat to death herself.