Chapter 15 - Death By a Thousand Cuts (Edited)

_________

"You said it was a great love, One for the ages, But if the story's over, Why am I still writing pages?"__________

__________

Jess's P.O.V

It was a week before Avery woke up. I had been at her bedside for almost the entire week but of course the one time I had chosen to go out she had woken up.

As soon as I got the call I left immediately. I had needed to get out of the house so I had went to a bookstore I had always wanted to go to. The only problem was that it was an hour away. So it took an hour to get to Avery.

When I finally arrived at the house I bolted through the hallways to get to Avery's room. When I barged through the door it was just Avery and Jameson.

They both looked up at me In shock and I felt like I had just interrupted something. I was about to leave but then I saw Avery's face and knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked Avery. She only looked down.

"I'm not his daughter."she says sadly. I gave her a confused look. "I'm not Toby's daughter." I didn't meet her eyes.

"Avery-" I began. She shook her head.

"It's fine, Jess." She says with a smile. I didn't give her a convinced look. "Really." I knew it wasn't but didn't push it any farther.

"Okay. Text me when you have time to talk." I say. Avery nodded as I closed the door. So much for that happy little reunion.

Having no idea what to do now I headed to my room. When I got there I almost tripped over a suitcase. I had forgotten that I had put it there. Almost forgotten about it entirely.

I was grateful it was there though. I'd be needing it fairly soon. I hadn't decided how I was going to tell everyone that I would be gone for a while. I needed to go to my uncle's place, I needed to say goodbye.

I had spent so long wondering why my Mother had left and now I finally knew. I couldn't stay here when I knew where she had went.

So I had packed yesterday and booked a flight. I had found where my uncle lived, after quite a bit of research, then called him. He hadn't known who I was at first but after finding out quickly agreed to let me come.

Now all I had to do was tell Avery and Libby. And Grayson. I knew the latter would be the hardest to tell. I had already told him that he needed to let me go. It had already been hard enough, telling him that I could no longer love him. How would I tell him that I was leaving?

I also hadn't talked to him since the accident. The inevitable conversation would be the death of me.

Trying not to think about what my life had become I decided to read. It took a while for me to pick which book I was going to read as I had recently bought about ten. In the end I decided to reread The Cruel Prince.