Chapter 10 - Cruel Summer (Edited)

__________

"It's new, the shape of your body It's blue, the feeling I've got, And it's ooh, whoa, oh, It's a cruel summer,"_________

_________

Jess's P.O.V

After Avery had seen the note she immediately went to her room. I didn't see her the next morning and when she came home we didn't talk, that left me to think about my own mystery.

I wasn't sure what to do next. I had no new clue, no leads, no idea how my mother was connected to any of this, absolutely nothing. And it was infuriating.

Thinking of nothing else to do I made my way down to the library. On the way there I noticed a figure swimming in the pool. A smile grew on my face as I waved at Grayson through the window.

All plans to get more information about my Mother was immediately ditched. I rushed to my room and threw on my luxury black bathing suit that had definitely cost way to much. I threw my dirty blonde hair up in a bun, which had gotten longer over the past few months, once at my shoulders and now reaching around my armpit.

I quickly rushed down staircase after staircase till I finally reached the door to the pool. The door opened before I could reach for the handle, Grayson smiled at me as he closed the door to the pool.

"I was just coming out." I said. Grayson nodded.

"It's cold." I rolled my eyes at his response but didn't protest as the two of us made our way back up to our room.

I let Grayson get changed first, heading into the bathroom after he left. I changed into a simple outfit. A pair of black Lululemon leggings and a baggy band tee.

When I left the bathroom Grayson was sitting on the window nook, staring out at the wide expanse of woods surrounding the house. I sat down next to him, reaching down to touch his hand.

He reached his hand up to my face and traced the line of my jaw. I leaned into him as he brought his lips close to mine, his breath warm on my mouth. As I moved my lips the final length I felt his hands reach my waist. He began to stand up, his lips still on mine. I moved with him, his body moving me towards the wall. I felt my back hit the wall as his lips moved more intensely against mine.

He pulled away for a moment to begin unbuttoning his white dress shirt. I threw off my t-shirt just as he finished unbuttoning his. His hands made their way back to my waist and my lips made my way back to his. His body moved me away from the wall and closer to the bed. Just as I felt the silky sheets touch my leg a thud came from outside our room.

Grayson quickly pulled away and grabbed his shirt, I did the same. Another thud came from outside and I slightly rolled my eyes. This could have possibly been the worst timing for some weird Hawthorne shit to happen. As Grayson made his way to the door I could see he agreed.