Chapter 5 - Paper Rings (Edited)

_______________________________

"The wine is cold Like the shoulder that I gave you in the street, Cat and mouse for a month or two or three,  Now I wake up in the night and watch you breathe"______________________________

______________________________

Jess's P.O.V

"Did your mother have any connections with the Wright family? Maybe they went to school together?" Me and Grayson had been trying to figure out how my mother was connected to Colin Anders Wright the entire flight.

So far nothing.

It was hard. I didn't know much except what my mother had told me when I was younger. I had searched her name but no information came up. She has no socials, unless she's using another name, which would complicate things quite a bit. I hadn't expected there to be much about her. I had still hoped though. I wanted answers and didn't want to play to get them, but clearly Tobias Hawthorne disagreed.

"I can't remember. I can't remember anything she told me." I said. Grayson looked down.

"Okay, let's take a break, we should be there soon anyway." I gave him a meek smile.

Grayson got up and went over to a cupboard. He opened the door to reveal a bunch of board games. Grayson began looking through them till he pulled out one from the back. I rolled my eyes as I looked at the box.

"Monopoly, really?" Grayson shrugged and sat down across from me. "At least let me choose the music." Grayson nodded and I turned on Taylor Swift.

"Taylor Swift, really?" He asked, raising a brow. I shrugged.

"Listen you chose Monopoly, I got to choose the music, complain about it later." I said, taking the pieces from the box. Grayson laughed.

"Okay, very well." He said. I gave him a competitive smile.

"Now let's play Monopoly." I said with a slight roll of my eyes.

"You won't be rolling your eyes in a few minutes." Grayson said. I rolled my eyes at that remark.

"Oh, yeah? Your looking at a Monopoly champion." Grayson raised his eyebrows. "I have a trophy." I said. Grayson laughed.

"You played competitive Monopoly?" Grayson said the last to words in a mocking tone.

"I beat out everyone in my school." I said, crossing my arms. Grayson nodded slightly, trying to keep himself together.

"I knew there was a catch." He said, almost bursting into a fit of laughter. I gave him an offended look.

"I was the best out of like, 50 kids!" Grayson laughed as I raised my voice. "I'll beat you, just watch." Grayson smirked back at me.

"I'll enjoy watching you try."