SS: The Missing Past Final Part

Start from the beginning

"I made a wish that you will be my mommy," Leonard said as Leo's eyes were surprised before slowly getting up.

"What nonsense are you talking about? I'm already your mommy," Faye chuckled, brushing her son's hair out of his face.

"No, in my dream, you weren't my mommy," Leonard said, sitting on his mother's lap.

"Is that so, then mommy is super happy to have you as my son," Faye said with a smile as she caressed his face.

"You know. In my dream, I also made that wish sooo many times on my birthday too," Leonard said with a bright smile. Faye smiled before kissing her son's head and continued to listen to him talk happily about his dream. However, Faye noticed Leo's grim face.

"What's with you? Did you have a dream too?" Faye said in a caring way, glancing at him. "Was it the same as our son?" Faye teased, seeing how he was not responding.

"Yes... but it was more like a nightmare," he said. He remembered the dream, it was the same as his son was describing right now, but there were more things that he remembered himself.

After he took his son back home from making a wish, he had someone investigate how Faye was doing since she disappeared that day. To his surprise, the reason why she had disappeared was because that day she told his son she couldn't see him anymore was the day she died. Leo was shocked with so many emotions after receiving the news of her death as he was told that she was found in her room already dead all alone. When he asked how she died, all they reported back was she died because of her heart problem. However, Leo couldn't let it go. He asked, did they find any reason why her heart problem was acting up that day. He was then informed that her husband and family didn't want to get an autopsy done, so they didn't know the cause of her heart problem that day.

Leo didn't understand why her husband didn't care about his wife's death or try to find the reason for her heart problem acting up that day or how unusual her condition was. He felt something was not right, so he asked someone to investigate her death and get some information about her husband. He also asked for a favor from Vincent to get an autopsy done since Vincent's family owns the most famous hospital, and they could get the proper authority to do it.

In a couple of days, Leo received multiple news. Firstly, he was hit with the news that Faye had poison in her system as if she was taking small doses each day, so it wouldn't be easy to track, and how she never had any heart problem, to begin with. Then Leo was shown photos of Parker and Rin always together. Immediately, Leo went to the authorities to reopen the case, as a proper investigation was done. Soon, they charge Parker and Rin of murdering Faye by giving her poisonous drugs and frauding her medical records stating that she had a heart problem when she didn't, along with the charge of life insurance fraud. Since they found enough evidence like the poisonous drug, fake medical records, life insurance letters, and photos of Parker and Rin's affair. Both Parker and Rin were sentenced to prison.

Once Leo had heard the news of Parker and Rin going to prison from the media spreading it everywhere. He muttered under his breath, "This is the least I could do for you since you showed great compassion to my son when your life was hard enough. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you more or have met you early." Leo then thought of how lonely she must have been in that dark room.

Leo looked at Faye before wrapping his arm around her and holding her tightly.

"Hey, it was just a nightmare. It's nothing to worry about," Faye said, holding his arm.

Leo nuzzled himself into her neck and said, "Thank goodness. It was just a nightmare." Faye wanted to ask what was the nightmare that was causing him to be so overwhelmed. However, Leonard immediately sparked up.

"Me too! I want to hug," Leonard said, repositioning himself to hug her. Then Mingy barked and went to her feet.

"What's the matter with you all?" Faye said, being squished by all three of them. "Can you guys let me breathe? You guys are making her kick," Faye said, looking at her stomach as they were expecting another child. Leo looked at his son before both of them kissed her cheeks, with Leo on the right and Leonard on the left.

Months went by, and Leonard was looking at the newly added family member, who was sleeping peacefully on the bed. Leonard touched her little finger before the small hand grabbed his finger.

"Leonard, what are you doing with your baby sister?" Leo said.

"Look, dad? She is holding my finger," Leonard said, super excited. Leo walked closer to see his two children as he leaned down to see what was going on. "See, her grip is so strong. She's not letting go," Leonard said, smiling.

"What are you two doing? Didn't I tell you that Flora is sleeping and not to mess with her," Faye entered the room to see the two boys hover over the bundle of joy. Both of them turned their heads and sheepishly smiled at her as they remembered her words. A few minutes later, the two boys were forced outside the room as the little baby girl smiled in her sleep.

[Author note: Just for anyone who is wondering why she didn't remember her son in the past life. It's because, in her dying moments, she could only remember the pain she felt of knowing the truth about everything from Parker, Rin, being poisoned, not having a heart problem, being used, and her parents. Everything she thought was right was all a lie as her hatred started to develop, and forgot about the little boy and the golden retriever. Hopefully, you guys like the side stories! Thank you all for reading this story to the end. I extremely appreciate it! I can't decide if I should write a brief chapter about their life when their kids have grown up in their teenage years. Please comment if you are interested. Also, I hope you all check out my other stories if you haven't. I'm currently working on Trap in a Book. Hopefully, see you in my next story. Thank you all again!]