Chapter 42 - Ancient Energy Miracle

Start from the beginning

On the slow late-night ferry heading south, there were only a few passengers tonight, some tourists returning from North Hyrule to Hateno Village. It was one of the Hylian passengers who saw and heard the cry, then sprang up to notify the first officer.

"I see it now," said the officer, who promptly called it to the captain's attention. They steered the boat toward the Zora floating in the water, then helped her aboard.

"Thank you," was all the Zora said, and then they caught her as she collapsed, unconscious.

I'll call it in, "said the first officer to the captain as he took out his Tab.

"This is ferry run 23. We recovered an unconscious female Zora from the water not far from Spool Bight."

"Understood. Proceed at once to the Spool Bight ferry landing. We will notify a Zora doctor to meet you there. Does the Zora have any visible injuries?"

"No obvious external injuries," said the first officer. "She was able to swim and call out. Then she collapsed after we helped her on board."

"Understood."

The captain at once picked up speed and steered the ferry toward Spool Bight.

Meanwhile, at Zora's Domain, the officer on duty received the call and notified the night physician, doctor Andora.

"Do you know the extent of her injuries? I'm trying to decide if I should awaken Princess Mila or Lady Mipha for their assistance," said Andora.

"It doesn't sound from the call like she has any wounds, if that's what you mean, doctor," said the officer on duty. "Our information is that Princess Mila is away at Hyrule Castle tonight."

"I had better awaken Lady Mipha then, just in case," said Andora. "She never minds doing this, and better to be safe than sorry."

The ring of Mipha's Tab shattered the house's silence by Mikau Lake, where she and Link were asleep in their slumber pool. The noise awakened them both, and Mipha rubbed her eyes and answered her Tab.

"I'll be right there, and it is no trouble at all, Dr. Andora," said Mipha after she heard what had happened.

"Trouble?" said Link.

"A ferry recovered a female Zora from the Akkala sea, and she fell unconscious when they took her aboard," said Mipha as she climbed out of the pool. "I'm meeting the ferry at Spool Bight in case my healing power is needed. It's still too early to get up, sweetheart, so you can go back to sleep."

"I thought we agreed to share all our adventures. Don't tell me my memory is better than yours now, sweetheart, after all the teasing I put up with these years," said Link as he climbed out of the pool as well."

"Very funny. My memory is fine, dearest, and I was just being considerate. I'll be sure to remember to tickle you later for that remark," said Mipha. "Let's go!"

They made their way to the northwest pier of East Reservoir Lake, nodding hello to guards they passed on the way, then dove into the water and swam to the eastern shore. Ruta stood silently in the middle of the lake and knew enough not to bellow a greeting at this late hour. When they reached the shore, they made their way through the Luminous Stone-lit passageway under Tal Tal peak to the Spool Bight ferry landing. Dr. Andora was already there, and they could see the ferry's lights as it approached.

"Lady Mipha, Prince Link," said Andora in greeting. "Thank you for coming. It is unclear what the nature of the person's injuries are, but just in case...."

"I am always available to help, Dr. Andora," said Mipha. "I was given this gift to aid others, and I will never forget that."

The ferry docked, and then Andora, Mipha, and Link boarded, Link standing back to keep out of the way.