In the nick of time!

>>>Okay I know it's been a bit though this fanfic is always on my mind. I am now out of school for the moment so I will try and post more updates!<<<<<

Recap:

"Yessir," they said though before they could say their goodbyes, they noticed Aya staring down the street with a look of fear on her face. Daichi looked from her to where her line of sight was to see three men leering back at her. Keishin also noticed and knew it was the same three men as the other night. The man named Jo that claimed to be her brother with two of his goons.

Aya's heart leapt into her throat as she suddenly took off running the opposite way, passing by Tadashi and Tsukishima.
"Aya!" Daichi yelled after her before the three men passed by the group chasing after her tail. Who?! What's going on? They all gave each other looks though Daichi was the first the take off after them.

"Daichi!!" Suga shouted before he let out a curse.

"Suga what do we do?!" Tanaka asked as Suga looked to the shop keep before looking at Kageyama and Hinata.

"You two stay here! Tell Tadashi and Tsuki the same!" He said before taking off after Daichi with Tanaka in tow though the shopkeep was shouting after them.

"Shit!" Keishin cursed. He knew these kids were about to get hurt knowing what they did to Aya, he couldn't get them mixed up in it. "All of you go home. Now!" He said before heading inside to grab his keys and lock up the store.

..........................................

Hinata and the other kids were still outside, worried and wishing they could help. "Who were those men?! Will Aya be alright??" Hinata asked as Keishin made a sigh.

"None of you need to get involved with this. Now get home." Keishin told them all,  "Aya will be fine. I need to catch up to your friends before any of them get hurt. If I see any of you here when I get back, I'll be calling your parents." He said before heading over to his car. He figured this would be quicker to try and locate where they ran off to rather than taking off on foot. As he drove off, he glanced back at the kids standing by his store in his rear view mirror.

"We should listen to him and head home," Tsukishima told them, sure he was worried though there wasn't anything they could do except wait around to see if anyone made it back.

"What about Daichi, Sugawara, and Tanaka?! Shouldn't we wait for them?" Tadashi asked,  "I don't feel right about leaving." he glanced over at Tsuki when he heard him tsk.

"It's their funeral for going after Aya and those thugs. They're asking to get hurt." Tsuki commented as Tadashi looked at him in alarm.

"They're our upperclassmen Tsuki! Aren't you just a bit worried??" Tadashi argued.

"If you want to wait around for them then be my guest. Whatever." Tsuki walked off to lean against the store with his hands in his pockets. Hinata gave Tadashi and Kageyama a look though they weren't sure what to do either. No matter what they decided, he wasn't heading back home until he knew that all of them were okay.

...

Aya barreled down the concrete sidewalk, her mind working on ways to get away from her pursuers who were hot on her heels. Shit! Shit! Of course they had to appear now of all times in front of a few members from the volleyball club. Now they would be prying her for answers, especially Daichi. Though that was only if she managed not to get caught and dragged back to the compound which was wishful thinking at this current point.

"Aya you little shit! You're not getting away this time!" Jo hollered, watching as she rounded a corner into a dark alley between a couple of shops and continued her trek through the narrow pathways. As she passed by a few trash bins, she quickly knocked them over, trying to make an obstacle to slow them down before darting back through the alley. Her eyes darted around for anything to help her escape though doors and windows were closed and locked after she tried to open a few. Damnit! She suddenly heard gunshots though she managed to miss the bullets before she rounded another corner. I can't go back there. I can't!! She focused on her breathing, her adrenaline keeping her legs moving one in front of the other until the alley opened up into a bigger area though it was a dead end. Her heart felt like it hard stopped as she looked around at the brick walls lined with windows she figured would open up into apartment homes behind them. She felt a tear slip her cheek when she heard Jo's laugh as he appeared through the same opening behind her.

"Well, well, well. Looks like you've got yourself trapped, dear sister." He cooed as he gestured to his men to guard the only way out of here. "Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way. That's up to you. Father is very displeased. To be honest. I'm surprised he hasn't plucked you out of that damned school yet. It's not like you need it being a member of the Yakuza."

Aya gripped her fists to steel her nerves before she turned around to face him. "Fuck you, Jo. I'm not going back there." She said through her teeth.

Jo raised his eyebrows and let out a laugh "Oh? You won't have a choice. There's no way out of here Aya unless you somehow get passed me and my men." He said as he as he cocked his gun. "Your move." He said though Aya started to back away before taking off towards the set of metal stairs she saw in the back though before she could reach them, she felt a bullet pierce her side causing her to grip it and fall to her knees in pain. Jo was on her in a matter of seconds, grabbing her hair to yank her back though Aya ignored her pain and fought back, scratching his hand and arm to get him to let go as he yelled in pain, kicking her in the side as she yelped. She tried to stop the next kick by grabbing his leg though he hit her arm with the butt if his gun before straddling her, fighting to flip her onto her stomach. Aya's screams could be heard all the way to the opening of the alley where Daichi, Suga and Tanaka hid behind a dumpster listening.

"Daichi, we need to do something!!" Tanaka panicked, trying to keep is voice down.

Sugawara looked between them before biting his lip and looking back towards the two thugs standing guard at the opening. "They have guns. If we try to do something we'll get hurt. Tanaka call the cops." He said as Tanaka quickly took out his phone.

"Get off of me!!" Aya yelled, struggling even as he pointed his gun at her head.

"You really want to die here? Because I won't hesitate. You've been a damn thorn since father plucked you from that orphanage." He growled, grabbing her hands and pinning them behind her back. He held them in place with one hand, the other pointing his gun back at her head as he leaned down close to her ear. "The only thing you're good for are those nights I manage to have my way with you." He sneered.

Back at the mouth of the alley, Jo's men started to hear noises and decided to investigate before finding the trio hiding behind a dumpster. Before either of them could think to bolt, they froze just as Jo's men whipped out their guns. The next thing they knew, they were both thrown on the ground not far from Jo and Aya, guns pointed at them. "We found us some spies, boss. Kids from that group of friends that were around her." One of them said as Jo made an evil smirk their way.

"Well well. Thought you could play the hero?" He said before turning his attention back to Aya. "Unless you cooperate your friends here will get shot one at a time. So what'll it be?" He said, keeping his hand on his gun pointed at her head.

"Let her go!" Dachi barked out before getting hit in the head by the butt of a gun. "One more word out of you and your life will end." The thug behind him said though Tanaka spoke up next.

"We called the cops! They'll be here any minute you ass!" He said as Jo gave the kid a look.

"Perhaps you don't know who we are. We own the cops. Your classmate here belongs to the Yakuza. The cops won't do shit the moment they arrive. They have no business interfering with Yakuza affairs."

Sugawara felt his heart leap to his throat. Yakuza?! They own the cops? There's no way. The cops were their only hope to stop this. He didn't want to believe it.

Daichi felt his anger boil inside of him, wishing he could do something, though if they tried anything, they'd get shot. He watched as Jo grew impatient before aiming his gun at him. Daichi grew terrified."I'll give you to the count of three to give me an answer," Jo barked down at Aya, "or I'll start with him first. 1..." Aya grit her teeth, cursing in her mind. "2..."

-------

Keishin was driving around gripping his wheel as he tried to peer down any and every alley that he drove by. He was about to give up and pull over when he saw a few cops cars stop next to a building before charging down an alley. Keishin parked close by and ran across the street to follow suit, making sure that the cops didn't catch wind that he was tailing them until they reached the dead end, deep within the alleyways shouting at the Yakuza men to put their hands in the air. They made it just in the nick of time before either Aya decided to cooperate and let them take her back to the compound or Jo decided to shoot Daichi in the head. Jo and his men put up some resistance at first, threatening to kill either kid unless the cops backed down. It was only when someone else walked in behind the cops that Jo and his thugs decided to put down their guns.

Kira Ashihara was his name, the man the Yakuza had on the inside working with the cops as a detective and the only man that Jo would listen to. He was like Ishiin's lieutenant in the Yakuza and a man that was hard to beat. He stood tall at 6'2" with a sturdy build and a scar across his right eyebrow with dark hair that matched his eyes. He was the sole reason Aya couldn't get help from the cops no matter what she tried. He managed to convince Jo to lay down his gun and cooperate. Jo wasn't stupid to refuse. He had more sway over his father than he did even though he was his own son. Second born to be precise and he hated to be reminded of that. His father only held praise for his brother and this shit lieutenant of his. He hated it. His anger fuming eyes burrowed into Kira's as he let the cops cuff him and his men before taking their guns. Kira walked over to him to lean in close to his ear.

"This is a message from Ishiin. You're causing too much of a scene these past weeks trying to get her. He's very displeased with you for acting out of his orders and getting too many involved into our affairs. Once he hears of these kids learning about today. Trust me he won't be too happy. You're to spend the night in the cells at the police station then return to the compound. He's decided to let Aya play her little game and come get her himself when he feels ready to. If you don't cooperate, he told me to discipline you myself to get his point across, so I suggest you be a good boy and let my police officers escort you to their cars. hm?" He said before pulling away and giving him a grin. Jo just gave him a pissed off look before letting the cops take them away, their attention getting pulled when one of the kids suddenly spoke up.

"Shopkeep!" Tanaka called out. Kira watched as the man they called out to ran over to Aya as she tried to push herself up from the ground. Daichi was already at her side to help her the moment Jo and his men were stopped. She had a grip to her side in pain, revealing blood and feeling very faint.

"Halt! This is an open crime scene!" One of the officers called out as Keishin held up his hands.

"I'm a friend and guardian of the victim." He stated as the cop eyed him before looking back at Kira. Kira knew this was a lie though he was told to leave it alone, his eyes going to Aya's when her own grew in fear knowing exactly who he was. Kira made a haunting smile before looking to the officer. "Let him be. I'll be escorting these men out of here, tend to her and her friends." He said before walking out of the back alley. Aya watched him leave, not knowing what to think of this. Why was he letting her go? He could have easily gotten one of the cops to take her back to the compound as he had before countless times. Something was going on here though at the moment, she couldn't think much on it, not with the pain she felt in her side.

Keishin noticed the way Aya and this detective looked at each other, though he kept it at the back of his mind for now. He was quick to get to Aya's side the moment the police officer let him go. As he leaned down to check on her Daichi told him that she had been shot. "I need to get her to a hospital. She's losing a lot of blood." Aya tried to interject, wanting to go anywhere but there. "Aya you'll die unless we get you to a damn hospital." He said before taking her into her arms. He wanted to get her up and out of this alleyway as soon as possible though a cop stopped him before he could.

"We have an ambulance on the way so stay put. We need to get a statement from everyone involved." He told Keishin before telling the others to start questioning Daichi, Sugawara and Tanaka. Aya could feel her vision starting to blur, maybe it was exhaustion pulling at the pain in her side though before she knew it, the sounds around her became nothing but background noise until she finally fell unconscious to the world around her.