The Match Against Daichi Begins!

The next morning came all too fast for Aya as she awoke to the sunlight filtering through the balcony door. Not much happened after Aya cried into Keishin's shoulder. She eventually fell asleep on the couch, out cold to the world around her. As she rubbed her eyes and yawned, she suddenly sat up straight, realizing that today was Saturday. The game the first years challenged to Daichi was today and she needed to be there. Told them she would. Without much thinking, she quickly got up and ran to the bathroom, not even registering that Keishin had told her good morning. Now he stood there in a fit of confusion while he continued to sip on his coffee.

When she darted back out to search for her clothes, he sat his mug down and grabbed her clothes from the dryer. "Here. I dried them remember? From the rain." He said as he handed them to her. "What's got you in a rush?" He asked as Aya thanked him.

"I told the boys volleyball club I would meet them today. One of the first years that applied challenged the captain to a match. Long story short he and this other first year got into a fight and were banned from joining club activities until they both proved they could work as a team." She said as Ukai just made a look and laughed.

"Seriously? You think they have potential?" He asked as Aya just made a shrug of her shoulders.

"I mean they have talent, judging by what I read about them. But I'll see today what I have to work with seeing as I'm one of the managers now." She said when a thought suddenly popped into her head. She remembered the conversation they had yesterday about old man Ukai retiring and the need for a coach. She looked up at Ukai and tilted her head in question. "Is old man coach Ukai related to you?"

Keishin blinked and made a sigh. "Yeah...that's my grandpa why?" He asked though he had the sneaking suspicion he knew the reason, stopping her before she could speak. "If you're about to ask me to come on as coach, my answer is no. I've already been dealing with your damn teacher harassing me almost every day about it." He said with a frown.

Aya raised an eyebrow. "Our teacher has been asking you?" She didn't even know though she just accepted to be manager yesterday. "Do you even have prior experience with volleyball?"

"Yeah, I was a setter back in high school, but I was a little shit and didn't really take it seriously."

"You seem pretty interested with how many of those magazines you read." She stated. "How come you won't be coach?"

"I'm not my grandpa. I have no prior experience coaching and I have this shop to keep open. I don't have anyone to work it when I'm not here."

"Well, can't you hire someone to watch it? I'm sure someone would be able to take the job." She suggested though Keishin didn't look too keen on the idea.

"I could though I barely make ends meet as it is having to run a store and not only pay all mu bills but also pay property taxes on not just for the shop but my place up here. Not sure I have the money to spare hiring someone." He countered; his arms crossed. Was she really going to be adamant about this like her teacher?

"You get paid to be a school coach for a volleyball team. I am sure that would suffice the time you're not here while someone is still here to work and keep your shop open."

Keishin just cocked his jaw to the side. "Shouldn't you be heading out? It's...let's see," he checked his watch, "almost 10 in the morning." He was done with this conversation.

Aya cursed. I am so late!! She was about to take off, but she eyed him. "This conversation isn't over! We need a coach!" She said as Keishin rolled his eyes and sighed, watching as she started packing her bag to head out. "So does that mean I'll expect you to come back?" He made a satisfied grin.