Certain Doom (22)

Start from the beginning

The two of us walked where the meeting was being held, seeing Gabriel, daryl and a few other standing around. "we lead the horde away. Just not from Oceanside like we planned." Gabriel paced.

"and after that?" i asked.

"Once the walkers are clear, we evacuate to Rendezvous Point B." Gabriel looked around.

"These are the final pieces that we need to connect to the wagon. But in order for it to do the pied piper thing that we need it to do over the cliff, we gotta get from A to B, and i gotta plug and plug." Luke explained to everyone.

"That Wagon is on the other side of the Horde." i looked at Luke.

"So someone's gonna have to go through it, with the skins in there." Jerry spoke.

"Four groups. Two in each. One carrie's the cargo, one protects." Gabriel told everyone as they stood in a circle.

"sounds too dangerous." i looked around at everyone.

"Everything we've done has been dangerous." Carol joined in.

"we're not all gonna make it through. But this is the only way." Daryl stood there.

"Daryl's going then so am i." i looked at him as he nodded his head at you. Everyone gathered some things, putting on walker blood and guts to disguise themselves from the dead.

Daryl walked over to me as i put on a black jacket. "wear this." He said giving me a whisperer mask.

"why?" i asked.

"protection." He looked at me.

"right. Good call." i said taking it.

I walked through a door, standing in a room and put the mask on, waiting for Jerry to open the second door. Walkers came in, smelling everyone as they thought nothing of it. The plan was working so far. Everyone slowly walked out of the door, doing their best to act like a walker.

I looked around and started getting a little nervous, daryl leading the way as the two of us walked together. Magna walked with Jerry, Luke was with his girlfriend. Carol walked with a girl from Oceanside.

A whisperer was in the front, daryl stabbing him in the leg causing him to fall over, walkers surrounding all around him, tearing the whisperer apart.

I knew Beta was in this Horde somewhere. It made me feel uneasy knowing he was out here. Although being in a massive horde like this wasn't exactly how i wanted to spend my day, the thought of Beta was scarier. He tried to kill me once, and almost succeeded.

I feared him.

Daryl brushed his hand against mine, looking me in the eye, nodding his head once to make sure i was doing okay. I nodded my head at him as he turned back around, and continued walking. I held on to daryl's waist as he held my arms, walking together we finally made it through, making it to the woods where Luke, His girlfriend, Jerry and Magna waited.

"where's Carol and beatrice?" i asked.

A scream was heard me and daryl turned back around, looking at the horde while everyone waited. Eventually seeing Carol and someone else with a whisperer mask, but it wasn't Beatrice.

"who the hell are you?" Daryl asked in a protective manner as he held his knife.

"wait wait. Lydia?" i asked tears filled my eyes.

"(y/n)?" She looked at me as she ran over, pulling me in for a hug.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

I was on the road, and it was dark out. Luke sitting on the wagon with Magna, Jerry, Carol, me, daryl and Lydia walked, looking around to see whisperers come out from the trees. I grabbed out my bow and arrow, aiming it and letting go as the arrow flew past, hitting a whisperer in the head.

Daryl pointed his crossbow, doing the same thing as another whisperer came out.

"protect the horses!" Carol yelled.

Metal started scrapping on the road, looking over to see a tire had been broken off the wagon. "go go go!" Daryl yelled.

Everyone ran into the woods, hiding behind trees after the whisperers destroyed the wagon.

"Gabriel. We lost the Wagon, you got walkers coming right back at you." Daryl spoke in the walkie-talkie.

"they should've evacuated by now, right?" i asked while squat down.

"we need to turn that horde around." Jerry joined in.

"how? We just lost the wagon along with the music that was leading them away." Magna looked at Jerry.

"this isn't the best plan, but it's all i got. We go back in, take out all the skins. Hunt them one by one. We don't do this, all are people are gonna die." Daryl stood there holding his crossbow.

"then what? How do we lead them away?" Magna asked.

"i will." Lydia suggested.

"no, we'll think of another way." i looked at her.

"I know how. She taught me." Lydia looked at me, knowing who she was talking about.

"No. I just got you back. I can't let you do it." i disagreed with her.

"we do this. There's no wagon to bring them over the edge of the cliff. I mean, it's suicide." Luke explained.

"it has to be me, i can do it." Lydia looked at him.

"no, it doesn't. I'll do it." i sat there.

"nah. Not happenin" Daryl looked at me.

"daryl." i looked at him.

"we'll deal with it later. Come on we gotta go." He said walking away.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

I stabbed the skin in the leg, causing to him to fall onto the ground, screaming out in pain. Daryl did the same as he walked around, Magna walking over, killing another skin. Screams could be heard all around as the whisperers were being taken out one by one.

I looked around, seeing that it was morning and Lydia wasn't around. "where is she?" i looked around, starting to panic.

"she's leading them away. She's going to the cliff." Magna looked.

"no. No she can't. I told her.." i started panicking.

"hey, hey. There was no stopping her." Daryl looked at me as he placed his hands on my shoulders. I stood there looking at him tears filled my eyes thinking i was gonna lose my sister after finding out she was still alive..