Ch.16-Free-

*Author's Note*-This book is almost done! One chapter after this and then I'm planning 2 Epilogues! Lot's of spice to come trust me... Please enjoy this chapter <3-RJ

*****

-Sigrun-

Loki's sleeping soundly under me, my head resting on his chest listening to the rhythmic inhale and exhales of the man I love. I don't want to move but I need to talk to the team about our plans, even though everything feels concluded I can't help the gnawing feeling that we're not safe yet.

Slowly and very carefully I get off the cramped bed Loki and I were led to. I don't mind it though, I don't want to be farther from him than I have to be. I spare one last glance back at him before exiting the room and closing the door behind me.

I walk into the main cabin and see Thor, Peter Q, and Rocket speaking to each other while Rocket pilots the ship. I quietly walk up to Thor's side, he turns to me with a mix of so many different emotions it's hard to distinguish, but I know a giant weight has been lifted from his shoulders now that Loki is safe.

"Sigrun! How is my brother? How are you?" Thor asks, "Shouldn't you be sleeping, you must be exhausted?" I rest my hand comfortingly on Thor's shoulder to slow him down.

"Relax Thor, I'm fine, Loki's fine. I woke up and I just wanted to check in, make sure everything is okay," I respond. Thor relaxes and I drop my hand back to my side, looking over at Peter and Rocket.

"We have a course set for Earth, we should be there in a couple of days," Peter reassures. I nod.

"Okay, what about the infinity stones?" I ask, "They are way too powerful for anyone." Thor nods and gestures over to a large black case.

"Stark and Banner sent us with this to hold the stones until we get back. We decided the best option was to destroy them, so no one can be tempted by their power ever again." Thor explains. I exhale a relieved sigh.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure...I just feel like...it's not over; like the other shoe's about to drop," I add. Thor turns me to face him.

"Sigrun, you are a Valkyrie, you were made for war. But the war is done. It's over, I promise you. I am familiar with this saying, but think about it... hasn't the other shoe already dropped...multiple times?" Thor makes a good point. Looking back on these last few years of my life, it's been one catastrophe after another, with a brief period of peace that was then interrupted by another crisis.

"You're right. I'm sorry Thor. I'm just not used to this...peace. And who knows how long it will last, but I want to enjoy it and not always be waiting for the next problem to appear." I sigh and look out the window of the cockpit of the ship; endless space, stars, and possibilities.

I quickly thank Thor and make my way back to Loki and I's quarters. Even through all of this hell Loki and I have found our way back to each other, and that gives me hope, for us, and for the future. We've faced the worst--on more than one occasion--and made it out damaged, and disheartened. I was so broken that I wouldn't even let Loki try to help piece me back together again. After the loss of our child I just...shut down. I didn't give him a chance, even though he must have been suffering just as much as I had, blaming himself. I should have been there for him, and I wasn't. My grief was all-consuming, but now I've grown, and I know that my choice to let him leave was a mistake, one I'll regret for the rest of my life, but then he wouldn't have his two beautiful children, Narfi, and Vali.

We have our second chance now, and I'm not going to waste it being worried. 

The door to our chambers slides open to reveal Loki, still soundly asleep on the bed, his messy hair framing his head like a crown. I love this man, and I'm never letting him go again.