Act I: Scene 19

Cole had taken Y/n to the nurses office. Y/n had never stepped foot into this room before, she wasn't sure what to expect but it certainly wasn't this. The walls were a soft white and the room was lined with cushy hospital beds. The cabinates were filled with various types of medication for any type of minor aliment.

"That lazy woman is never here" Cole said sighing, Y/n assumed he was talking about the nurse who wasn't present in the room. "Sit down on that bed I'm going to patch you up" Cole ordered and Y/n listened. She wouldn't refuse a bed, ever. Cole pulled up a stool next across from Y/n once he had located the first aid kit.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Y/n asked hesitant to let Cole near her face. "Of course I do. What do you take me for?" Cole asked opening up the first aid kit to get alcohol wipes and plasters out. "A little bitch" Y/n answered. "You know that mouth of yours is probably responsible for a good portion of the cuts on your face" Cole said ripping open the packet for the alcohol wipes, and taking the wet fabric out.

"Hey! Don't victim blame me" Y/n huffed puffing out her cheeks. "What were you doing out there anyways?" Cole asked. "I found a note in my desk asking me to be out there. It said it was from Asher" Y/n explained, Cole gave her a horrified look, as to how could she be so stupid to blindly trust a suspicious note like that. "Hey don't look at me like that, I was about to text Asher to see if it was him but class was starting" Y/n explained. "Like you care about the rules-" "but I like math" Y/n says interrupting.

"This gonna sting" Cole says brining the wipe to her cheeks. Even through the wipe, her skin felt soft beneath his fingers. He wasn't expecting the sudden rush of warmth throughout his body as all, he tried to ignore it. Then he moved the wipe down to her bleeding lip. Cole wouldn't admit this but he often thought about Y/n, about her careless attitude, her constant need for food, her poor attendance, the way her forehead scrunched up when she was mad, the fierce look in her eyes when she argued with him, her hands, her lips. When he found his mind wandering towards her he found he couldn't focus on whatever text book he was studying and he couldn't pull his mind back no matter how hard he tried.

Rubbing the alcohol wipe on Y/n's lip. Cole tried really hard not to let a blush show on his face. He think he didn't let one show but he wasn't about to ask Y/n. "There isn't anything I can do about that black eye forming but, again, your own fault" Cole said, reluctantly pulling his hand back and putting a plaster on her cheek, before getting up to put the first aid kit away.

"Thanks for patching me up" Y/n grinned looking up at him. "Don't worry about it" Cole said looking away from her, trying to look busy. "Do you wanna cut class with me?" She asked causing the strict student council president to spin round "Why would cutting class ever be a good idea?" He hissed. "I dunno, you seem a little tense. You look like you could blow off some steam" Y/n shrugged.

"May I remind you the mock exam is around the corner, and your future at this school hangs in the balance" Cole hissed. "If you're shoveling knowledge into your head twenty-four seven then you're not gonna be able to relax. However, I fear it may be too late for you" Y/n said with mock concern. "I'm gonna be skipping class anyways, you may as well join me to make sure I don't set the building on fire" Y/n said standing up and shrugging. "You're not gonna set the building on-" Cole began but immediately stopped after seeing Y/n pull a lighter, that she swiped from Kai, out of her pocket and flicking it on.

"Never mind"

*

Cole was taken to the school roof. He had never been here before because it was prohibited for students to enter but that didn't stop Y/n from flinging the door open, much to his annoyance. "Oi come on and lie down" Y/n demanded, wasting no time lying down on the ground and facing the sky. Cole sighed but obliged, laying next time her.