3 | The ballad of Ariadne Anthanasios

Start from the beginning

"Great. First the carnivorous insects, weaver spiders, stabbing raccoons, and now the creepy sign to a cemetery, what else could there be?"

Helene shrugged, "Pigeon eating rats?"

"Sacrificial crows?"

"Witch eating bats?"

"OKAY! GODS!" Malcolm yelled, "Not necessary."

"Debatable."

They stepped into the cemetery, crossing the threshold, their bodies being cleansed of darkness.

"Huh. Boundary spell?"

Malcolm nodded, "Yeah, to keep something out?"

"This is a vampire city so I would assume the undead," Helene suggested.

"Probably. Vamps cause a lot of trouble in cemeteries. Best to put boundaries in place, especially for the ancestor's sake."

Sophie Deveraux stood before a tomb not far from the entrance, weeping.

"Sophie Deveraux?" Malcolm asked.

The witch looked up to the three siblings, "Who's asking?"

"My name is Malcolm Anthanasios, these are my sisters, Helene and Ariadne."

"Anthanasios? You're related to Maeve Eduard-Durand aren't you?"

The eldest sibling nodded, "Yeah, she's one of our ancestors."

"She's a real bitch," Ariadne muttered earning a smack on the arm from Helene.

"I am sorry about Monique," Malcolm added, looking toward the tombstone.

"Thank you."

"We would like to help get her back-"

Ariadne shook her head, "No! You do."

She turned to Sophie. "Look, Soph, can I call you Soph? I'm gonna call you Soph. Anyway, the harvest, sacrificing your young impressionable teen witches to the ancestors, honestly, it's sad. It really is, but it's not my priority."

"My niece was sa-"

"Again, not my priority," Ariadne huffed, "I'm not here to like...be your niece's saving grace or whatever...NOLA witch business is NOLA witch business."

She really wasn't awfully concerned about the harvest ritual. Ariadne had no business interfering with the affairs of New Orleans witches.

Her current business was trans-reality deviants.

Helene shook her head, "No. We're also here to help with the harvest, ignore my little sister. She's a bit brazen."

"Clearly."

"I mean it! Why should I make the Harvey's my priority when there are more important things to deal with? This isn't the first harvest either!"

Sophie raised a brow, "Then what are you hear for?"

"There's some stupid girls messing with reality and I'd like to give them a reality check."