And unbeknownst to her, he felt the same way.

After the game Ryder waited for Serenity as she congratulated her man on the win with a slew of kisses to his lips. Across the way Ryder noticed a familiar face.

It was her parents former stylist from when she was a teenager Meiko Powers. These days she owned a boutique in Houston and Los Angeles from what Ryder could see from instagram. But what surprised her most was who she was hugging.

Shyne!

To Ryders knowledge Meiko didn't have any children. Or at least none that would be Shyne's age. Then again it was nearly twenty years ago when they saw each other last.

"Renni! I'll be right back." Ryder announced as she walked towards Meiko and the basketball star.

She lightly tapped the woman with her finger getting her to turn around. "Hi Meiko! Remember me?" Ryder asked with a smile.

Once the woman was able to get a good look at the younger woman her eyes bulged in pure shock. "Oh!"  Meiko said in shock.

Ryder: Oh!? Oooh!? That was your response to the woman whose father you ratted on to save your own ass from doing prison time

Ryder: Oh!? Oooh!? That was your response to the woman whose father you ratted on to save your own ass from doing prison time. Girl please!

"I just wanted to come say hi, I know it's been forever since we seen each other. Is this your son?" 

Meiko looked at Shyne who's eyes were telling her something that Ryder wasn't able to read. "Uhh! Uh! Yeah this my son Shyne. B- Baby , say hello to Ryderika." Meiko introduced making Ryder grimace.

"Yikes! Please just call me Ryder. And it's nice to meet you Shyne." She then stuck out her hand to him.

"You as well." Shyne added shaking her hand. When the two made eye contact, that's when she noticed it. That look! His look. A lump formed in her throat the size of a golf ball.

"If you'll excuse me I have to go!" Ryder let out before hightailing it out of the arena.

She sent a text to her cousin letting her know she had to get back to her son Baby Blessed. There was simply too much running through her mind.

__________