Chapter Twenty Three, Disgusting Discovery

Hunter's Perspective

I happily strolled through the many stalls of the market, looking around curiously for anything that might catch my eyes. Edric seemed pretty tired today for some reason, but I wouldn't question it. Some people just have tired days, and I want to enjoy my non-tired day. "Oh look at this Hunter, isn't it beautiful?" Raine spoke and walked over to a silk cloth shop. I followed them and watched as they picked up a beautifully embroidered red silk binder with golden detailing. "It's very lovely." I commented and reached out to feel the soft looking material. The silky substance practically fell through my fingers like water, it was so soft and smooth. It flowed through the air like a flag in the wind, and its coloring drew my eyes all over. "You should try it, I think you would like it." Raine suggested boldly and dangled the silky clothing in front of me. I tilted my head and stared with furrowed brows. I'd never tried on a binder before, or even thought of wearing one. "Doesn't it hurt? Like.. aren't those tight?" I asked and scratched my arm out of habit. Raine shook their head and placed the silk in my hands. "You can make it as tight or loose as you want, it's sort of like... hmm.. Like the drawstrings on sweatpants, they're very adjustable." They explained and pulled out their coin purse.

I stared at the silk cloth in thought, completely unaware that Raine was buying it before I could even decide if I wanted it. "I think it would look nice on you." Edric added, appearing beside me from the crowd. I looked up at the pine haired boy and held out the silky substance to him. "Have you ever tried one on?" I asked curiously and watched as he pawed at the soft cloth. "Not really, the closest thing I've ever done to that is put on Emira's bra so she would chase me down." He snorted and grinned as he reminisced. I cracked a smile as well and shook my head. "Maybe we can both try it on or something, it seems interesting." I suggested genuinely. He nodded and stared at the cloth a bit. He started to look back and forth between the colors and my complexion. "I don't know, I'm not sure it really goes with your style. I bet you'll still look beautiful anyways though." He added quickly and nervously smiled.

I rolled my eyes and snatched his glasses from his silly face. "You're a big dork." I hummed and held the glasses far away from him. He squinted slightly like a confused bird and huffed. "You- glasses thief- I can barely see the shape of your face without those-." He pouted and attempted desperately to get them back. I laughed and bumped into the stall as he pursued me. "Good, now you can't say this beautiful clothing doesn't 'go with my complexion'." I stated playfully and heard him grumble spitefully in reply. I giggled like a schoolboy and ran away with his glasses in clutch, quickly followed by the near blind boy who desperately needed his glasses back. It was very easy to get through the crowd with my small frame, I was like a cat weaving through a fence. Edric being the clumsy boy that he was had a lot harder of a time catching up to me. I could hear him yelling in frustration before he went silent.

I turned back to where I thought he might be, and was unpleasantly surprised by the glasses being swiped from my grip. Edric carefully placed them back on his face and crossed his arms. "What a punk." He huffed snootily. I couldn't help but laugh like a child at the fun I was having. His tense expression softened as he watched me. "I'm sorry- really- it's just funny messing with you." I snorted and tried to calm down. He simply looked at me with fond eyes and a sweet smile. "I don't mind.. You're having fun, so am I." He brushed it off. I nodded and grinned at him. "I certainly am having fun, way more than in the castle." I stated proudly and looked around. "Oh, did we run too far from Raine?" I asked while searching the horde of people for them. My eyes eventually spotted their unique mint hair, and slowly recognized all of their features. They were looking around for where we had run off to. "C'mon, let's get back." I said and tugged on his wrist. Edric lightened my tight grip on his skin and guided my hand into his. Kinda sweaty, but to be fair I also have sweaty palms way too often.