𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Começar do início

"Stupid Glenn, had me worried for hours— I even got myself hurt for him, just for him to brush me off like that." I hissed at myself, searching the drawers and closets for something to wrap my arm up with. "I mean, he didn't ask for it but he didn't have to."

In the bathroom, behind the mirror, there were wrapping bandages. It was perfect, the soft material could keep my ugly scar hidden without brushing against and getting caught in my stitches. I wanted to hide it from the world— from the group especially, I didn't need them to judge me for something else. I could feel the wound pounding and the stitches itching, it was the most irritating feeling in the world.

"— No one is looking." I could hear Rick raise his voice from downstairs, something that strangely pulled me the way of the argument; maybe I was just being nosey but I couldn't help myself.

I made sure my steps were silent and my breathing was controlled; it was pretty easy to watch them through the stairs railing, they seemed to be pretty caught up in the argument they were having with each other. A frown drops on my lips in confusion— I listened trying to make sense of what they were being so cold about, confused about who or what they were talking about.

"We should still post a guard."

"He's out cold right now," Hershel spoke, eyes dancing around the group. "will be for hours."

"You know what?" A scoff rolled from my lips when Shane spoke, his voice bringing instant negativity to my life. "I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy. Look at this folks— we're back in fantasyland."

"You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet." Hershel rose his voice, taking me by surprise but a smile of delight reached my lips as he did so. "Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all— this is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor— keep your mouth shut."

It made me happy, to see him be treated and heckled at like a child— it brought me joy because he really deserved it.

The joy in my expression was washed away too quickly, as soon as a figure towered over me and looked down in disappointment. I sighed, standing from the stairs before crossing my arms and staring back at the person with irritation.

"Are you here to be an ass again, or to apologize?" I question raising my eyebrows at him as if he was going to do what I said at this moment. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're just going to stand there and give me those dad eyes."

"Shane told me what happened." Glenn spoke, his eyes burning through me which caused me to look down at my shoes. "So did Lori."

"Wha— she... she's the one that took me." I dug my nails into the palms of my hands, glaring at the floor.

"You threatened and blackmailed her." Glenn's voice became more steely and I was too scared to look up at him and see the disappointment in his eyes. "Why would you do something like that?"

"I... I needed to get to you, okay?" A sob was lodged in my throat, making it almost impossible for me to speak. "You were gone for too long and I thought something bad had happened to you... You saved my life and I owe you mine."

"Can I talk to you?" Maggie spoke before Glenn could, her hand reaching up to touch his arm but her fingers barely grazed his clothes. "Please." The brunette begged stepping away and into the kitchen, waiting for him to follow.