chapter eighty nine

Start from the beginning

"what did you want sweetheart?" Natasha cooed lifting Lila up and plopping her onto the bench.

"ummmmmmm" Lila hummed placing her hand on her chin. Natasha stared at her intently waiting for her to decide. "i want..." Lila bite her lip looking over at me. I gave her a sweet smile which she returned before looking at Natasha again. "cereal!" Lila shouted.

"cereal?" Lila nodded shaking her arms in the air excitedly. "okay honey, we can have cereal" Lila made a little squeal as Natasha turned to grab the cereals.

Once Lila had chosen her cereal, after a lot of deliberation we headed back into the living room. "oh hi little man" Natasha cooed seeing Nate standing up in his crib.

I sat down with Lila turning the tv on for her to watch some cartoons. Natasha went back into the kitchen to grab Nate some food now that he was awake.

When she came back Nate had a little bib on which he was playing with profusely. "can you hold him for a sec while i grab the high chair. unless you girls want to move this party over to the dining room?" Lila looked up from her bowl glancing at the tv and then Natasha before back to the tv.

"hmmm okay!" Lila exclaimed turning to me holding her bowl out for me to take. I chuckled lightly at her antics taking the bowl as well as mine and Natasha's as we made our way into the dining room.

I have to admit seeing Natasha holding and caring for a baby / child is a super big turn on. To know that she's mother material, is just, fuck.

We all had breakfast together, Nate spilled a bunch of his food but Natasha continued to happily feed him. Lila was chatting my ear off about some new toys she wanted.

Even though it's October this girl was already planning her Christmas list for Santa. I think spending this weekend with Natasha and the kids has also made me really want children myself.

~ time skip ~

"have you thought about having any?" I asked sort of out if no where. Natasha and i were sat on the sofa, Lila laying between us asleep and Nate on the floor with his little floor mobile.

"any?" Natasha asked causing me to turn to her.

"children?" I tilted my head glancing down at the sleeping girl softly stroking her hair.

"have you?" Natasha completely ignored my question asking me the same question back.

"i- um well" I stuttered. Natasha reached out cupping my cheek. "seeing you with these little guys has- yes i want children, with you. i want a mini you" Natasha's face lit up her lips curling up into a huge smile.

"i want a mini you, baby" I bit my lip at the thought trying to shuffle closer but the small body between us made it difficult.

"i want to know everything about you. tell me about your family, your past i want to know it all. please" I practically begged.

"everything?" I nodded eagerly as Natasha took a deep breathe. "okay, well you know i'm Russian obviously i didn't stay there for long though. my uh my birth mum gave me away so i was in the system for a while before i was moved to Ohio" I hummed listening.

"i was there until i was 9 in a foster home until a Russian couple actually adopted me. They already had another little girl, Yelena when they took me in. They liked to speak Russian at home which is when i got good well fluent at the language" I have to admit i was not expecting this origin story from Natasha.

"we would um we would travel back to Russia every now and then to visit family, my adoptive family, their real family. they were all amazing honestly and they were so happy to take me in. when i turned 18 i wanted to move to New York and study, so my parents did what good parents do and did everything they could to get me into NYU actually" I tilted my head at the information as Natasha nodded.

"after my studies i got a job at Stark Industries-"

"Stark Industries!?" I blurted out completely cutting Natasha off. "i'm sorry, but Stark Industries? the multi billion dollar company?" Natasha nodded her smile widening at my amazement.

"i worked there for... 10 years before i came here. my family would visit every now and then but they would also go back to Russia every chance they got. I would join sometimes but i would also be busy with work. that's why my sister and parents all still have very thick accents and mines gone" I hummed nodding, I moved my elbow to the back of the sofa so i could lean my head on it.

"i don't really know why i wanted to become a Professor, i just saw a job application for a language Professor and i applied. they didn't have a Russian Professor so i came on and here we are. i moved down from up town into this apartment which may be small but i love it. i met you and as you know fell in love, so fast" I giggled looking down before Natasha was lifting my head up.

"and that's me" Natasha giggled shrugging lightly.

"well i wasn't expecting all that but i'm glad you told me. i love learning more about you, um i'm sorry about your birth mother" Natasha immediately shook her head reaching out to grab my arms.

"oh no there's no need to say that, i don't know anything about her other than the fact she didn't want me. i love my real family so much so i'm not all caught up on it" I hummed giving Natasha a small nod.

"i can't believe you worked at Stark Industries, that place is crazy. i've actually wanted to work there for a while now. did you meet Tony Stark?" Natasha nodded.

"yeah i worked with him and Bruce Banner and all those guys" I gasped at the information. "it was honestly amazing, Tony's a bit of a head case though"

"what!? no way you're talking about The Tony Stark like that" I spoke shocked as Natasha started to chuckle.

"i mean he's a brilliant man but fuck he can be annoying. he does pay well though, he's the reason i was able to buy my dream car" I raised my eyebrow tilting my head. "i've only ever wanted one car in my life, i saved like crazy to purchase it outright and i did, t-that's why i was so upset when i- well you know"

I cupped Natasha's cheek stroking her lightly as this was a topic she clearly didn't like talking about. "oh i get my baby back next week though" Natasha suddenly said excitedly.

"that's exciting" Natasha nodded frantically, kinda like a kid getting a new toy.

"i want you to come with me, only if you want of course" I beamed immediately nodding.

"of course i'll come" Natasha was about to reply before the little person laying on us started to wake up.

"mmm auntie Nat" Lila mumbled as she reached out. Natasha placed her hands under Lila's arm pits lifting her up before placing her on her lap.

Lila wrapped her arms around Natasha's neck nuzzling in as Natasha rubbed her back. "did you have a good sleep princess?" Lila nodded into Natasha mumbling something i couldn't understand.

Natasha cooed kissing the side of Lila's head before looking over at me. My smile widened at the sight imagining that it was our own child.