Chapter 9

*Author's Note: I'm really sorry if this story turned out lazy near the last few chapters, I think the more I uploaded on this fanfic the more I hated how it turned out.
However, I hope you guys at least enjoyed it and I really appreciate all the support and nice comments I've gotten <3*

Budo swallowed heavily, blushing like a madman and he looked in all directions as he quickly slipped the famous pink note into Taro Yamada's locker.
Yes, Taro Yamada.
The loner from class 3-2 who was polite and caring, shy and hardworking.
The guy who managed to catch the hearts of 9 girls across multiple weeks, including the infamous Osoro Shidesu.
Including the martial arts club leader, Budo Masuta.
Before Budo became friends with Taro, before he started to hang out with Taro, he never understood why such pretty girls who could get any man they wanted would try and earn the love and respect for a naive, ordinary boy and would buy him gifts, make him food, protect him, just for his love.
But, he understood now; he understood the moment he began hanging out with the other boy, it was like love at first sight for Budo.
He also understood the pain that came with such a charm, the agony he went through losing every girl he got even remotely close to.
It upset and scared Budo, which was his whole motive for wanting to protect Taro, nothing more, at least it was then.
Now, Budo wanted to hold his hands, kiss his tears away whenever he got a nightmare of that horrific monster and make him laugh and smile his woes away.
He just hoped that Taro felt the same way.
—————
She watched him scurry away from her beloved's locker with a stupid, lovey look on his face.
Today, she was going to get rid of him today.
Her problem the first time was the weapon she used, definitely.
But if she, for example, used a knife then Budo would have a much harder time getting away.
She clenched her fists with an angry smile, she was so close to getting the happy ending that she deserved and she won't let Budo steal that away from her.
She rushed to the home economics room to steal some tinfoil sheets, because of the 'disappearance' of Megami, metal detectors and security cameras had been put in place so she had to be careful.
She carefully layered the inside of her bag with foil before strolling to the cooking club, placing the knife inside and then taking the gloves from the drama club and slipping them on.
She then walked up the stairs quietly and walked to class with a nonchalant look on her face, ignoring the knowing looks from Raibaru and the student council members as she walked into her classroom and sat down on her chair and at her desk, doodling pictures of her beloved senpai.
—————
During class, Budo got a text message from a number he didn't recognise.
'Hey'
The messenger simply said.
'Sorry, I think you've got the wrong number.'
Budo replied politely, before he could turn his phone off and go back to paying attention to class, his phone vibrated again.
'No, I have the right number I'm sure, Budo Masuta?'
His eyebrows quirked, how did they know his name?
'That's me, do you need anything? Do I know you?'
He asked.
'No, you don't know me. I'm just here to warn you about something.'
The person replied and Budo shifted in his seat.
'Warn me about what?'
'Ayano Aishi, I'd watch your back if I were you.'
Budo frowned, what the hell did that mean?
'You did know the consequences of befriending Taro, right? You survived longer than I thought you would, I'm impressed.'
This person, are they apart of this?
'Who is this? Are you the person behind all of this?!'
'I would never do such a thing, I just give out information and...equipment for a small price.'
Before Budo could respond, another message was quickly sent.
'I don't care if you don't listen or not, it doesn't affect me. But trust me when I say that if you don't watch your back you can forget about spending the rest of your life with your precious little Taro.'
Budo swallowed and put his phone away without replying.
What the hell was that?
—————
It was 5:30 and Budo was making his way to the cherry blossom tree, Raibaru told him she'd distract Taro so he could compose himself and calm down before Taro got here.
He was trying to control his erratic heartbeat as he leaned against one of the hedges. He could do this, it just took courage and bravery, something that Budo definitely did not have at this moment in time.
He closed his eyes and began his breathing exercises to try and calm himself down but he couldn't get those text messages out of his head, watch his back?
It had happened so fast the moment Budo opened his eyes, his back slamming into the ground and another weight on top of him.
He quickly reached for hand holding a silver blade, millions of thoughts rushing through his head.
Was he gonna die?
This was all for a boy? All this pain and suffering?
How the hell didn't he hear the footsteps?
Is this what the unknown number meant?
Ayano Aishi.
The girl from class 2-1 who obviously had a crush on Taro to anyone who had a brain.
But to people who inspected closer, it wasn't a crush.
It was an obsessive, toxic feeling that she thought was love.
Ayano Aishi.
The girl who had eyes as dead as coal and who was currently trying to force a knife into Budo's chest with a sick, deranged smile on her face.
"Finally, after all this time, I finally won! I've waited so long, and now, nothing can get between me and my precious senpai."
He was struggling and he gasped in pain as the knife lightly sank into his shirt and into his skin before he managed to kick her in the stomach to get the knife out. But her grip was too strong, he was losing.
His arms shook and his eyes clouded with tears.
The knife sank into that same spot and he couldn't stop it, but suddenly, the movements above him ceased.
When he blinked his tears away he gasped at the sight.
Ayano had a shocked look on her face and blood slowly trickled out of her mouth as her grip on the knife loosened and tears prickled her eyes.
She slowly and shakily moved her arm behind her back and she pulled on something, a sickening sound occurring when she pulled it out, bringing the object to face both her and Budo.
When he focused in on what was in her hand he gasped; in her hand was a box cutter that was covered in blood, her blood.
Quickly, he managed to push her off and he stuttered in disbelief at the figure above him.
"T-Taro?!" He screamed.
Taro was breathing heavily, tears staining his face and his fingertips were covered in Ayano's blood.
"I-I did the right thing, right? Sh-She was going to hurt you!" He cried and Budo got up as best he could to hug Taro tightly.
"She's...She's not dead, I don't think...let's call the police an-and an ambulance and we'll get this all sorted out." He soothed, tears rolling down his own face as he hugged Taro tighter.
The two called the police and explained the situation, and even when deafening sirens could be heard and the police showed up, they refused to let go of each other.
—————
Taro walked down the steps from the police station with a light smile on his face.
Ayano Aishi was gone away for good.
She would be locked in a cell for the rest of her life for the monstrous crimes that she had committed and the trauma she put her classmates through.
He smiled even harder when he saw Budo waiting for him and he jogged to him quickly.
"Budo!" He cheered and the two shared a quick hug.
"They're already done with your statement?" He asked and Taro nodded.
"How's your chest? She...She didn't hurt you too bad did she?" Taro frowned and Budo shook his head.
"Just a couple of stitches, nurse said I'll be fine in a couple of weeks" he smiled.
"So...was it you who wrote that letter? The one asking me to meet them at the cherry blossom tree?" Taro asked hopefully and Budo blushed.
He swallowed and quickly nodded his head.
"Taro, since I became friends with you, I've been so infatuated with you- a day doesn't go by when I don't think about you. Please, will you be my boyfriend?" He asked and Taro smiled gleefully.
"Yes! I've became so infatuated with you too, Budo. You make me feel so safe and happy, please be my boyfriend." He responded and the two laughed happily.
They shared a sweet, gentle kiss in the wind without a care in the world; nothing could hurt them now, they had each other and they would keep each other safe.
It truly was romantic.

The End.