Chapter 1

Taro Yamada, the loner from class 3-2.
He was a quiet, shy boy who somehow managed to catch the hearts of nine girls across ten weeks, including the infamous delinquent, Osoro Shidesu.
He was a carefree guy whose only problem was the daily insults his childhood friend, Osana Najimi, had yelled whenever he was late out of his house for school. However, that all changed when those same girls started going missing; some would disappear Monday and then come back devoid of emotion the following Friday, some wouldn't come back at all.
It only became apparent that there could be a killer in school when Hanako Yamada, Taro's sister, was found drowned in the very fountain Taro loved to read his novels at. The only suspect for these disappearances, and death, had been Taro Yamada. However, he was quickly ruled out after a few witness statements and the evidence they had found.
Understandably, the whole school was on edge after the murder; the photography students carrying around cameras and following people around, security cameras and metal detectors being put in place by the student council leader, Megami Saikou, almost immediately. Students also began to walk in groups of four or five to decrease the risk of attack, including with walking each other home as you can never  be too sure.
Taro Yamada had been on edge since Osana went missing but the death of his poor sister made him fear for his own life everyday. What had he done to deserve this? He's never harmed anyone or anything, at least not intentionally, so why? Was is jealousy? Hate? He had no idea. Of course he thought it was strange when Amai Odayaka had went missing and came back without a single ounce of emotion in her body but he'd just been so happy to see her again to not look too deep into it. It was the same with Asu Rito too, she lost all interest in her sports, and it was almost like she was afraid to be near Taro as well.
Taro was afraid to speak to people now too, what if they'd go missing too? What if he'd find them like he found Hanako? It wasn't worth the risk, and he became even more reclusive than ever.
—————
Budo Masuta, the student from class 3-2. The heroic president of the martial arts club.
He knew something was off the moment Osana had went missing; Raibaru Fumetsu had talked to him about Osana's disappearance many times, how guilty she felt over the whole situation but also about a particular student Osana was last seen with, Ayano Aishi.
Budo had seen her once or twice, she was a girl from class 2-1. In his opinion, she was creepy, the way she looked at you with those dead lifeless eyes, like a dolls eyes.
Despite just looking creepy in general, she also acted strange; he didn't know whether she didn't notice or didn't care when people saw her listen in on conversations, not only that, but Budo sometimes noticed her staring at Taro Yamada with a love struck look on her face. He was anxious of her, he felt like she was part of these disappearances, but without any evidence they were only speculations.
These thoughts replayed in Budo's mind as he walked over to Taro, who was sitting on the fountain with a downcast look on his face.
"Hey, Yamada!" Budo called out, smiling brightly.
Taro looked up from his book, face pale and eyes sunken.
"Ah, hello Masuta! What can I do for you?" Taro replied with a small smile.
Budo's smile became more gentle as he spoke carefully, "So...with all the stuff going around right now, me and the club thought it would be safe if you stayed with us after school for club activities and then we can walk you home?"
Taro was silent for a moment, thinking the offer over; it would be much safer for him seeing as how he seemed like a target for this killer especially because these were people who specialised in self defence.
"Sure...thank you Masuta, that would make me feel more safe." Taro smiled gratefully.
"Great! I usually hang around the club room after cleaning time but club activities begin at 5:00 so feel free to come round anytime!" Budo was practically glowing as he said this.
The two parted ways after their friendly conversation and both sat in class in much higher spirits.
—————
It was now 4:00 and Taro was hurriedly walking to the martial arts club room and as stated, Budo was in his club room practicing some defence techniques.
"Ah, Yamada! Good to see you!" Budo gasped out, trying to catch his breathe after seeing Taro walk down the hallway.
"Good to see you too Masuta, is there anything you want me to do while I stay here?" Taro asked.
"You can just sit on one of those mats towards the back if you'd like, I can even let you participate in a few practices." Budo winked cheerfully.
"Thank you, Masuta." Taro smiled.
"Just Budo is fine." Budo called out smiling back.
"Alright, Budo, Taro is also fine." Taro smiled back gently.
Taro felt like another pair of eyes were on him but he couldn't pin where, he felt that more often each day. It unnerved him. But, he had Budo here, and soon all of the other club members so he would be fine. Right? Right.
—————
Soon, it turned 5:00 and the rest of the club arrived and changed into their martial artist's gi. They began their defence techniques as Taro observed them with interest, maybe he could join in one day.
It only felt like a few minutes before it was time to go home as the club changed back into their uniforms and the six of them walked to their lockers to change their shoes.
Like everyday since the beginning of school all those weeks ago, a pink note slipped out of Taro's locker.
His 'secret admirer', everyday excluding Friday he'd get a note off the same person; the notes contained a range of different things, from the girls he hung out with to how amazing they think their and his life would be together. But...sometimes they contained photographs. Photographs of Taro sleeping, walking home and to school, going to the shops and even him walking through the local parks.
A hand on his shoulder brought him out of his thoughts.
"What's wrong Taro?-" Budo's sentence was cut off when he saw the note.
Budo had an indistinguishable look on his face as he carefully took the note out of Taro's hands and crumpled it into a ball and threw it in a nearby trash can.
"Let's get you home" Budo frowned.
"Ah, of course. Thank you" Taro replied.
As they walked home the numbers of the group slowly diminished until it was just Taro and Budo.
"Well, this is my house. Thank you for walking me home Budo" Taro smiled.
Budo's eyes lit up as he smiled happily.
"It's no problem! Have a nice rest of your evening Taro" Budo replied.
"You too" said Taro.
Taro then walked into his house and Budo quickly hurried home too.
—————
To Be Continued...