Chapter 2

'Who is he, Taro? Surely you're smart enough to know that you shouldn't talk to people of his personality, people who don't actually care and only want to know about our business, you are smart aren't you? I'm the only person who truly cares about you Taro, aren't my love letters proof enough? I trust that we won't have the same issue in the future, stay away from that martial artist."
"..." Taro just stared at the note on his desk, under the note, a picture of him and Budo walking home together that night.
Taro swallowed, tears prickling his obsidian eyes as he tucked the note into his back pocket while he walked to the student council office, looking for someone.
He didn't have to be scared anymore, right?
He didn't...
A sharp, feminine voice struck him out of his thoughts, "Senpai, good to see you. Please sit down" Megami Saikou, the Student Council leader spoke calmly but with a serious expression; and another emotion, an emotion Taro knew all too well and feared whenever he saw it.
"What did you need me here for? I haven't done something wrong, have I?" Taro asked quizzically with a perplexed smile.
"I'd like to ask you a few questions regarding the recent disappearances over the past few weeks." Megami responded.
Taro sighed, "Look, I'll tell you what I told the police; I'd meet a girl, become friends with her and then she would just vanish and would either come back or didn't. Witnesses have already stated that they've never seen me leave that fountain during the times those girls went missing." He let a bit of anger seep into his tired voice.
"No, no. I'm not accusing you Taro, I already have a sneaking suspicion of who it is but I just need to confirm my theory." Megami smiled gently.
Taro nearly jumped out of his seat, "You know who might be doing this? Who?" Anger was replaced with desperation at the hope of this nightmare ending.
Megami seemed conflicted, "I'm afraid I cannot tell you, senpai. If they were to find out you know who they are and what they've done, it could have dire consequences." She frowned.
Taro sunk back into his seat, deflated.
"Don't worry though, I've instructed the other student council members to watch out for you and look for anything suspicious, so if they follow you for a bit please do not be alarmed; they're just making sure you're safe." Megami got out of her seat with the intention of putting her hand on Taro's but visibly hesitated, looking around.
Megami smiled, "It's gonna be okay."
Taro could only hope.
—————
Taro ate lunch at the same spot he always did, on the rooftop. He was sat next to a dull Raibaru. She wasn't dull like Amai or Asu, but she wasn't the same after Osana went missing; she was distant, quiet and spent most of her time sobbing by the tree she and Osana had frequently talked at. He and Raibaru were never really friends, but they grew closer after the person they both deeply cared about disappeared. They both took comfort in that fact and used each other as a shoulder to cry on.
"Ugh...my..head hurts so suddenly? I think there was something wrong with my food..." Raibaru groaned, getting up. "I should go to the nurses office and rest.." She said as she staggered towards the doors.
"I'll come with you, I'd feel really guilty if you fell down the stairs." Taro said light-heartedly.
Raibaru chuckled, "Yeah, sure."
Something didn't feel right about this, that was the same food she ate everyday but now suddenly it's making her feel unwell? It seemed a bit suspicious to Taro. They were walking down the stairs when suddenly, "Raibaru watch out!" Taro shouted, pulling her back by her shirt, both of them tumbling over.
"Ow...Taro...what was that for?-" Raibaru's sentence was cut off when she looked in front of them. Right at the bottom of the stairs was an electrified puddle of water leading to a broken drinking fountain.
"W-what the..." Raibaru stuttered.
"..." Taro couldn't speak, he couldn't breathe.
Why won't this person leave him alone?
Why do they delight in torturing him?
Tears were clouding his blackening vision.
He didn't deserve this.
He didn't deserve to fear for his life and fear for those around him, always dreading at the back of his mind whether they'll go missing too.
"Taro!" His name was the last thing he heard before the endless darkness took over his vision and he hit the hard, cold floor.
—————
"I'm so sorry, senpai. I didn't mean to panic you so much, you know I would never do that right?"
A slim, rough hand touched his own.
"Oh..but I must admit you are so cute when you're asleep like this."
He could briefly distinguish a feminine giggle.
"Don't trust Megami, senpai. She doesn't know what she's talking about, such a foolish girl."
The hand holding his own disappeared.
"I must go now sadly senpai, she will be waking up soon, and well, I'm not looking for a few broken bones." The voice chuckled blankly.
"Don't worry, soon we'll be together forever."
—————
Taro gasped, his eyelids forcing open in shock and he suddenly sat up straight in the hospital bed in the nurses office.
"Hm? Taro?" Someone yawned, "Taro!" They gasped once they had gotten their senses back and then Taro was forced into a bone crushing hug.
"R-Raibaru?" Taro choked out, slowly putting his arms on Raibaru's back, reciprocating the hug.
Raibaru let go of Taro and sniffled, "I was so worried Taro! How are you feeling?"
"I'm feeling better, are you okay? What sort of person leaves a broken pipe like that..." Taro mumbled.
Raibaru smiled gently, "Well, I'm still alive so I'm doing pretty okay!" They both chuckled.
The door to the nurses office suddenly opened, startling both Taro and Raibaru; Budo came crashing through the door, breathing heavily.
"Are you guys okay? I only just heard the news about what happened!" Budo yelled worriedly.
"We're fine, Budo. Thank you for checking in on us.-" Raibaru chuckled, Taro slowly got out of the lumpy hospital bed and walked over to Budo, hugging him tightly.
Budo froze for a couple of seconds before his brain caught up to him and he hugged back just as tight.
"Hey, hey. I'm here, it's okay." Budo spoke calmly as Taro sniffled and let out all the pent up stress he had been feeling since this whole nightmare started.
"Hey, look at me." He spoke firmly, Taro looked up to meet his eyes.
"I won't let anything bad happen to you, Taro. And I'm sure Raibaru wouldn't mind cracking a few skulls if someone ever tried harming you." Budo gently chuckled.
"You betcha! If they want to harm you they have to get through us first!" Raibaru cheered on.
"Th-Thank you guys, that really means a lot to me." Taro smiled, letting go of Budo.
"It's no problem, now, let me take you home; it's been a long day." Budo replied smiling.
Taro sighed, "Yeah...it has."

*Author's Note: Hello! Since I've now introduced Ayano Aishi into the story, I'd like to warn all of her fans; Obviously, Ayano is not a good person and will be portrayed as such. If this isn't how you want her portrayed then I recommend stopping here!*