Animals Of The Jungle

"Mowgli. I've got something for you. Mowgli it's me Alexis. Don't be mad. Shanti and I get grounded all the time. Mowgli I'm sorry you got in trouble." Alexis says as she brings a bowl of fruit to Mowgli's house as she looks up at his bedroom window before hearing noise and places the bowl down as she begins to follow it.

"Come on! Come on!" A voice shouts as Alexis follows the sound hearing Mowgli.

"Mowgli?" Alexis asks as she looks around a corner and sees a bear holding Mowgli and screams.

"Wild animal!" Alexis shouts in alarm.

"Wild animal? Where? Come on let's get outta here." The bear says as he runs off with Mowgli.

"Help! There's a wild animal in the village." Alexis shouts in alarm as villagers come out and run past Alexis.

"Alexis what's wrong? I heard you scream." Shanti says as she comes running over.

"A bear. He has Mowgli." Alexis says worriedly.

"What?" Shanti asks in alarm.

"Come on." Alexis says as Shanti grabs a torch and follows after Alexis before the two stop at the river as they then reluctantly cross it.

"Mowgli?" Shanti asks as she and Alexis begin to look around the jungle as Alexis shifts to wolf form and begins sniffing.

*Timeskip*

"Mowgli!" Shanti shouts.

"Ugh. Nothing. The scent has gone cold." Alexis says as she shifts to human form before she and Shanti hear something.

"Mowgli? Is that you? Mowgli?" Shanti asks as she and Alexis see an owl.

"He's gotta be here somewhere. We gotta keep looking." Alexis says.

"Where could he be?" Shanti asks.

"Who is it? Who's there?" Alexis asks as she hears something before she and Shanti see a green snake with strange eyes as their eyes begin to look like the snakes.

"Excuse me. Might I be of some assistance? Are you lost little ones? Are you hungry? I'm starved." The snake says as he hypnotizes Alexis and Shanti only for them to be quickly pulled away by someone.

"Bad snake! Bad snake!" The person says revealing to be Ranjan as he attacks the snake with a branch as it has a rock in its mouth from trying to eat Alexis and Shanti.

"Ranjan?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Shanti asks as Ranjan continues to attack the snake.

"You leave Shanti and Alexis alone!" Ranjan shouts.

"Okay Ranjan. I think he's had enough." Shanti says as she pull Ranjan away from the snake as the group quickly gets away from it.

"Ranjan what are you doing?" Alexis asks concernedly.

"You're not supposed to be here. We have to get you home right now." Shanti says.

"No! Mowgli's in trouble and we're going to find him." Ranjan says as Alexis and Shanti sigh and nod.

"Okay but stay close okay?" Alexis says as Ranjan nods.

"Ranjan we are going to find Mowgli but to do that Alexis needs to be able to do something so we can hope to find him quicker. Can you promise to keep what she does a secret? This is a very important thing." Shanti says as she looks at Alexis and nods.

"Yeah. Let's find Mowgli." Ranjan says happily.

"Thanks Ranjan." Alexis says as she smiles at Ranjan before shifting to wolf form much to his happiness.

"Whoa. Alexis can turn into a wolf?" Ranjan asks happily.

"Yes. I've been able to do it since I was a baby. It's why I was adopted Ranjan. My abilities costed me my birth family. It's also why I don't let anyone else but Shanti and her mother know. And now you know. So please don't tell anyone. The other villagers wouldn't understand." Alexis says.

"Okay Alexis. But what about Mowgli?" Ranjan asks.

"Let's just hope that he understands if it comes to that." Alexis says.

"I know he will. Mowgli really likes you." Ranjan says as Alexis blushes and smiles.

"Well I like Mowgli too. Come on. Let's get to looking." Alexis says as she begins sniffing around.

"Can I ride on your back Alexis?" Ranjan asks as Alexis smiles at him.

"Sure Ranjan." Alexis says as she lets Ranjan climb onto her back.

"Stay close. We don't want to run into any more scary animals. Stop that." Shanti says as Ranjan growls as the group begins walking.