All the prisoners in fact.

The high black towers on the southwestern portion of Terrenjel made her shiver and look away, 'this is a terrible Idea.' She thought staring at the walls.

Watching Matthias fight the wolves made her heart drop since wolves are sacred to Fjerdans and are basically their family especially drüskelle, Matthias is reluctant to kill them and distraught when he does so, and seeing him fight them made her heart ache for him, yet it was impressive how strong he is, After Matthias's fight against the wolves, she, Kaz, Inej, Muzzen, and Nina sneak away from the amphitheater into Matthias's cell.

Nina also tailored Muzzen and healed poor Matthias (poor them) and woke up Matthias which is the worst decision and most dangerous thing to ever do.

"Nina..." his voice came out soft at first, tears raced down finally, "shh, Matthias. we came to get you out of here." She reassured slight hope in her tone but before she could even move he grabbed her shoulders to pin her to the ground.

"Nina." He spat voice venomous as both his hand wrapped around her neck.

He strangles her.

Nina could feel the tears blur her vision as she looked at the drüskelle the usual blue eyes she loved were now murderous and full of hatred.

Zaria was starting to wish she could've stayed home or at least stayed with Jesper and before she could even rush towards the heartrender and help her, Kaz stepped in.

"Let her go, Helvar."

Zaria was the first to move, the barrel of a pistol pressed against his neck as she death glared at him, Matthias turned his head towards the girl towering over them. "Move the fuck over and let her go." She threatened coldly, her voice as cold as the snow of Fjerda and her accent thick.

She's not Fjerdan is she? No, the color of her skin and Raven's hair weren't something known in Fjerda, the girls there were pale as snow.

he heard a hiss that split the air and a searing pain radiated through his shoulder, his whole arm was numb but he still kept a hand around Nina's neck.

She grabbed the back of his collar and pulled him off the heartrender. A girl and a boy in a brown uniform stood in front of him, the Zemeni girl was holding a gun and the other had a cane.

"Pull yourself together, Helvar. We are here to set you free. I can do to your leg what I just did to your shoulder, or you can walk out like a man, on both feet, or do you want a bullet on both feet and arms? She will do it." He spoke gesturing towards the girl holding the gun

Zaria rushed towards Nina who was coughing, cupping her cheeks she looked at the girl in pure worry, "are you okay?-" she was speaking in a hurry and after gathering her breath, Nina whispered back.

"I'm fine, I swear."

Zaria with a death glare turned towards Matthias who was staring at his past lover with eyes murderous, she stepped in blocking his view and cocking her head.

"You crazy fucking—"

Kaz spoke, "Relax." He spoke and Zaria immediately stopped at his words, her eyes never leaving the drüskelle who glared back.

Rage burned her body as she stepped towards Nina helping her back up, she couldn't hear any of the conversations between both dirtyhands and Matthias had she been too busy looking for any sign of injury in Nina.

and the screams resound at this moment snapping her out of her thoughts, "did you open the cages?" Asked Nina, her voice trembling in surprise.

"Jesper was supposed to wait for the three hits." Both Zaria and Kaz spoke in unison, "the three hits rang, guys." said a small young girl with black hair and the color of Skin that belonged to Sulis.

A silhouette covered in bandages was leaning on her in the corner of the cell, "Since when is Jesper punctual?" the kid grumbled, looking at his watch.

"Since forever..." muttered Zaria, glancing at Kaz who ordered Matthias to get up, after a while of deciding whether to follow the demon with gloved hands in front of him.

Matthias took his hand and he could hear Nina let out a long sigh, was she relieved? Exasperated? He'll deal with her later. Inej put a cloak around Matthias' shoulders and put on a hideous mask with a bird pattern around his head.

Costumed people ran around while yelling and pushing each other to escape the amphitheater, guards clenched their guns and started shooting, Matthias left arm was always aching.

An elephant charged against the wall, raising a cloud of dust and frowning in frustration, Matthias saw a white bear and one of the largest jungle cats from the southern colonies, who bare their fangs, crouched on a ledge

he could only hope that Jesper hadn't been stupid enough to set them free.

they passed the spot where Matthias won his privileges for the next six times, when they reached the tunnel, the lizard of the desert crawled towards them, the mouth dripping with its frothy white poison and its big tail sweeping the sand before Matthias could even have the time to react both the girls' high-fived and jump on the back of the lizard.

Both of their heads spun as the lizard tried to get them off his back, two gleaming daggers between the scales were suddenly stabbed at the animal and it let out a heartbreaking growl before collapsing to the side.

Both the girls slid off its back, Matthias never saw a fighter survive one of its attacks until now, two girls around the age of 16 to 17, from old circus animals to beasts hunted in the forests and the countryside, not even passing the heads of sick cattle. as they raced toward the open doors, he saw a pair of yellow eyes staring at him from the shadows, but didn't linger

and suddenly, through the smell of musk and the stench of garbage he smelled the freshness of saltwater, when he slipped, he realized that the stones under his feet were wet, the passage overlooked the sea and he knew that whenever Nina and her friend had in mind, they drove him far away from the walls and notches of Hellgate.

He was free, finally.