C4: Filthy rich

C4: Filthy rich
Original Chapter/s: 19, 20

"Little boss!"

"Greetings, little boss!"

"Boss, it's been a while!"

Several men — a few old, a lot of middle-aged, and some young ones — popped up in the video call and greeted their little boss with unrestrained enthusiasm. The youngest one on screen managed to push away his elders as he held the device in his hands, causing the video to shake terribly.

"Wuu, boss! These people are bullying me! You have to take justice for me!"

"What the fuck are you yapping about?"

"It's because you're always acting like a little white lotus bitch that we bully you."

"Did you learn that word in one of the novels you're reading again?"

"Catchy, aight?"

Dashiell Ahn smiled warmly at these people. "Alright, enough. Have you finished your tasks?" After he asked, the people on the other side of the call ceased their bickering and lined up side by side. The leader, a middle-aged man, stared at the camera.

"Yes, sir. We caught the strays and sent them back to the big boss. At the moment, we're patrolling the area just in case we missed something. Little Nineteen over there just finished making a profile of who entered and who left the city." Nineteen, the youngest, perked up the second his code name was mentioned. He glanced at the camera and showed a toothy grin.

"Anyway," the leader continued, pushing Nineteen away who kept squeezing himself into the foreground. "That's about it, little boss. Are there any more tasks?"

"At the moment, no. Gramps only had me do this one task since I still have to attend classes."

"I WANT TO GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL AS YOU, BOSS!" Nineteen cried out as he snatched the phone away from their leader. Everyone else could not help but sigh in defeat. This youngest of theirs, he truly was out of their control. Only the little boss could make him obey.

Dashiell Ahn faked a cough behind his fist. "The thing is..." How am I supposed to tell them that I'm attending a vocational high school instead of the business school I told them about? "At any rate, even if you wanted to attend my school, you're still supposed to be a third year middle school student."

"Wuu, boss! We can fake my age! Or, Or my academic achievement or something!"

"No."

Denied yet again, Nineteen handed the phone back to the leader as he sulked near a post. The leader rolled his eyes at the dramatic kid before turning his attention towards Dashiell. "Little boss, you look a little happier." The leader could not help but be happy for the kid. Their little boss seldom smiled and rarely enjoyed each day.

Only when there were sweets and stuffed toys would he smile from the bottom of his heart.

Upon hearing that, Dashiell Ahn's eyelids jumped in surprise before his lips curled and eyes forming crescents. When the leader and his group saw this, a moment of silence passed by them.

"Am I? It's probably because I made some friends at school."

Metaphorical arrows struck each and every one of them in the heart. Their cute little boss who was not so little anymore smiled so adorably that these old and middle-aged men wanted nothing more than to pamper him. On the other hand, Nineteen stared wide-eyed at the video, blurting out words that made the leader and his peers want to bury him alive.