"How are you able to work, if you can't move your arm?" Leo asked.

"I have an assistant for a reason," Faye replied.

"Yes. Faye has me," Eve reassured them.

"There's no reason to drag this contract even long for unnecessary reasons," Faye said.

"Well, I care for your health. Therefore, I have contacted your boss that we will postpone the contract," Leo said. At that moment, Faye swore in her heart that Robert disagreed or she would get Ming to attack him. "And he had agreed," he finished.

Faye endured her anger as she said, "I will contact my boss, and everything will be taken care of." She started to regret not telling the whole city that she was the boss of the company.

"Well, that won't be necessary. We don't have any projects and don't need your assistance right now. Therefore, I find it best to use this time for you to recover before we need your assistance," Leo said, with his words hiding the deeper meaning of him being worried about her. "Why do you care about my well-being so much?" Faye said, straightforward as she did not understand him.

"It's only natural," Leo said, as it naturally flowed out of him. Faye's eyebrows raised in surprise. She felt how funny it was that there were so many people who worried and cared about her now, but back in her past life, there wasn't a single person out there who even noticed her.

"Natural... Is that so...," Faye mumbled to herself. Leo raised his eyebrows as he noticed something in her eyes before it quickly withdrew. "Fine, since this is the case, then why bother," Faye said. Eve didn't have a say, and the decision was made. She sadly looked at Faye, but Faye looked at her saying there was nothing she could do as Eve quietly nodded her head in disappointment. She had to wait until Faye recovered before she could continue her plan to make a move on Dave. However, at that moment, she got an idea. "Dave, I think it's best to exchange contact information so you can contact me to inform us about any latest news about the project," Eve said.

"That won't be necessary. I will contact Miss Grey," Dave responded, stopping Eve from crossing the line of business to a personal relationship. Eve silently endured as Dave had been strictly stopping her from crossing the line as if he was a wall. She replied, "Faye had informed me to tell you that it's best to contact me now instead."

"Alright then," Dave gave in as it was a reasonable reason. Eve had to endure her excitement, or she would blow her cover of the timid and pure lady.

--

Faye had reached her condo after Jerry had picked her up from the Lon Company and dropped her off. Once she opened the door and said, "Mingy, I'm home."

Soon a golden flash came rushing towards her before jumping up to greet her. "Okay, okay, boy. Down," Faye said and did a soft groan. Ming went down but still wagged its tail with a happy face. "It looks like you have to take care of me," Faye joked to him before closing the door. Before she was about to settle down, a text came through her phone. She glanced down and as it was an unknown number. The person texted, "Hello Faye, this is Lake. Is it alright if we can meet up?"

She stared at the text while Ming tilted his head as he was looking at her before she replied, "How did you get my number?"

A quick response had arrived, "I got it from your friend Janine." Faye's eyes narrowed as she read the name, Janine. Then another text appeared, "So is it alright to meet up?" Faye didn't understand why he wanted to meet up. She replied, "Why."

He answered back, "I have something to say to you."

"Just say it then," she texted back, not wanting to meet up.

"In person," he replied. "We can meet up at your friend's coffee shop," he added.

"Alright," she answered back as she thought that he wanted to talk about the news that happened this morning and thought it was best to apologize for dragging him into her business.

"Thank you. I'll meet you there at 8 pm," he texted as Faye did a simple okay reply back.

Faye forced Janine to come and pick her up since she gave her phone number without her permission. Once they arrived, they saw Lake with a black hat and a mask in black clothes at the corner of the shop. Janine processed her daily task of making coffee as Daniel and Elle were present today.

"I do apologize for bringing you into my business. I didn't expect someone to take a photo of us. If you are unhappy, then please do tell me what I can do to repay you," Faye said professionally once she sat down in front of him. Once he heard that, he almost choked on his own saliva.

"No, that's not why I wanted to meet up. I wanted to meet up because I wanted to apologize to you. I'm sorry that I have wronged you, since the first time we met, we didn't have a great start. I would like it if we could start over since I did say that we are friends," he said.

Faye was a little shocked to hear what he was saying as an unexpected smile came onto her face. "You are an odd kid," Faye said.