♡Prologue♡

You've been

"Luz, you don't have to go through it alone, nor should you." Amity says, gently moving Luz's hair which had stuck to her forehead with sweat. "I can tell it's hurting you, and I want to help you."

There for me when I needed

"How much do you love me...?" Amity mumbles, just loud enough for Luz to hear her. Luz doesn't even take a moment to think about it. "I wanna marry you someday."

Someone fight'n on my team

Camila clears her throat. "If it was so important to Luz, shouldn't she be here as well?"

Amity feels a small bit of heat rise to her face. Not from embarrassment, but from pure frustration. "Well, I already mentioned that Luz had to go into work today." she turns her head a bit. "Though, I guess you're not great at listening..." she mumbles.

You were always believe'n

"Amity and Luz have spent years getting to know each other, and now we bear witness to what their relationship has become. Today they will affirm this bond formally and publicly."

That's how it's supposed to be.

She gives Luz a small kiss on the forehead. "You know I'll always love you, no matter what stupid things come out of your mouth."

I would never leave your side

"That's fine." Amity says, hugging Luz. "This time around, I'll be your fearless champion."

I'll go anywhere if I'm with you.

"So, uh... Amity Blight..."

Everyone watches with wide eyes as Luz gets down on one knee in front of Amity, pulling a small black box out of the pocket of her jacket draped over her chair. Inside the box was a silver right with a light purple gemstone.

"...Will you marry me?"

Lightning strikes

"The only reason I haven't completely turned you away was because of her." Luz says, referring to Amity. "But you have been nothing but disrespectful to her. I can't take it anymore, I want you out!"

Or any shade of Blue

"She would always tell me about how she dreamed of the day I'd get married. Watching me marry the man of my dreams- this was before I told her I was bi, and long before I met you, and all that garbage." She chuckles. Amity listens closely, her arms wrapped around Luz.

The human sighs. "I guess I feel bad that I can't give that to her."

The journey's the best part

"We're having a BABY, losers!"

Even when the road gets hard

I'll go anywhere if I'm with you.

"Luz smiles, kissing her cheek. "You're so amazing." She says. Amity blushes softly. "I know. You wouldn't have married me if I wasn't."

With you.

"I do..."