THREE

"Mara, I don't know if I can do this," I mumble, pacing past the front door

"Mara, I don't know if I can do this," I mumble, pacing past the front door. "Enough!" Mara shouts, throwing her hands up in the air. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to stare at her wide-eyed.

"I know you're my boss, but you must stop pacing. You're going to be okay. Better than okay, you're going on a date with a passionate man, and trust me, you are hot yourself. You have nothing to worry about," she exclaims, walking closer.

"I know, it's just I haven't been on a date in a long time," I sigh, moving my hair behind my ear.

Mara may think, I mean five years when I say it's been a long time since I've been on a date, but it's been over 300 years.

Mara opens her mouth to speak before shutting it as we hear a car pulling up in my driveway.

"Go ahead, Ms. Zorbide. Your gorgeous ride is waiting," Mara says while smirking. "Fine, I'll see you tomorrow," I muttered, opening the door. I take a deep breath and walk down the stairs to my driveway, stopping as I see Silas leaning on his car.

"Hello, il Mio Tesoro," he says, looking through his eyelashes. "Hello," I mumble as I walk toward him. "You look stunning," He says as he opens the passenger door, helping me into the car. I watch him as he walks away and sits in the driver's seat.

"So... where are we going?" I ask, turning my attention back toward Kane. "I have a house I built a while ago. I was thinking of taking you there to cook for you," He says, glancing at me before focusing back on the road.

It felt like we were on the road for only a few seconds. Before I knew it, Kane was helping me out of the car. "Do you like it?" Kane asks, motioning towards the house. Looking up from the ground, I gasped at the sight of the house.

This house, this house, was the house that I drew for Kane when we first met. I was so naïve back then. I had told him about my dream house with Victorian English stained glass roundel windows, and he told me he would build it for me. I left before he could build it. Even after I left, he fulfilled my dream. He didn't forget about me.

He chuckles, looking over at me, smiling. "I'll take that as a yes, but wait until you see the inside," He nods at me, motioning me to follow him. I follow him as we walk upstairs, through multiple doors, until we reach what seems like a kitchen.

"I haven't used this kitchen in a while. You might have to assist me a bit,"

I watch Kane as he rushes around the kitchen, grabbing a pan off the stove and bringing it over to where I stand. He dips a spoon into the pot, bringing it to my lips. "Try some, it's delicious," He says, nodding at the spoon.

I open my mouth, allowing him to slide the sauce onto my tongue. I let out a moan, tasting the garlic and cheese sauce. He groans, sliding his thumb over my bottom lip and collecting the sauce that had fallen before sucking the sauce off his thumb.

Kane's eyes flicker to my lips, then to my eyes. I could see he was fighting a battle with himself. His hands wrap around my waist, pulling me into a kiss. I melt into the kiss, leaning into him. His lips are as soft as I remember.

His hand caresses my back, making me moan into the kiss. He grips my waist, making me collide with the counter, deepening the kiss. The kiss turned from soft and slow to rushed and rough. Kane's knee slides in between my thighs, forcing them apart. Despite my best efforts, I can't help but moan at the interaction. Kane groans at the kiss before backing away.

Our chests rise and fall at the same rhythm as we stare into each other's eyes. "I-I'll go set the plates on the table," he says, grabbing the plates off the counter and rushing out of the kitchen.

I rub my hand against my lips, trying to savor the feeling of his lips against mine.

God, I have missed his kisses, his touch, and everything else about him I have missed.