"Sweetheart?" My father's voice was so soothing and calming. He sounded genuinely concerned as I smiled. "Are you okay? You sound like you're crying."

"I am," I laughed nervously, "I just... I miss you guys so much."

"We miss you too, Sweetie. How's everything back home?"

See, funny thing with that is--

My pause in the conversation was long enough to draw Liam's attention. He had the Bluetooth pressed to his ear, his head bent. He glanced up at me curiously.

"-Everything's great," I lied, a feeling in the pit of my stomach grew as I slowly hunched over, suddenly not feeling as great as I had five minutes ago. "Look, Dad, my...friend and I are going on vacation for a week or two, so if you don't hear from me..."

"No problem Sweetheart, I understand!"

"Tell mom I love her."

"She loves you to dear, just like I do. Stay safe, and have fun."

The phone clicked as I licked my lips, tears still spilling slowly out the corner of my eyes. I took the piece out of my ear, dropping it to the counter as I turned, meeting Liam's gaze.

I wanted to speak; to tell him how much I hated him for taking me. But the feeling in the pit of my stomach grew. I doubled over without warning as my breakfast came back up. It would've been okay, embarrassing, but okay, if it hadn't thrown up on Liam's shoes. I couldn't see his expression, but I could probably assume he wasn't happy.

I was expecting to hear some response; maybe even get a foot to the face - but that never came. I groaned as I leaned back. Liam stared at his shoes, an expression I couldn't quite figure out masking his face. He looked at me - dead in the eye - and sighed, "That's nasty." I would've laughed at his reaction, but the feeling came back.

"Oh God," My arms were clenched around my stomach as I slid off the stool. I wanted to make it to the bathroom but I couldn't; my legs gave out in front of me and I met the carpet seconds later. My vision blurred and for a second, all I saw were dots.

I felt Liam's hands on my arm as he rolled me over gently. He pressed a hand to my forehead, then to my neck, checking my pulse. His fingers were cold to the touch - cold, just like his soul. I laughed slightly, but painfully as sweat stuck to my forehead. "Don't move," - over the short period of time I had known Liam, I had never heard that tone of voice. He almost sounded, dare I say, worried.

"Did you hit your head?"

His question came randomly, making me think harder then I really wanted to. I thought back to running in the mall, "Not that I can remember."

Liam opened his mouth, probably ready to ask me another question when a soft knock interrupted him. He sighed. "One moment!" Turning back to me, he propped me up with his hand, resting it on the palm of my back. "You feel dizzy?"

"No," I whispered. I went to shake my head, but stopped immediately. That wasn't the best idea. I watched as Liam paced to the refrigerator, grabbing a cold water before handing it back to me.

"Sip on that, no gulps."

I obeyed as I popped the cap, allowing the refreshing drink to quench my thirst. While I drank, I watched as Liam sauntered over to the door, flinging it open as the person behind began knocking again.

"What?" He sounded clearly annoyed as the door hit the wall. He looked like he was ready to pounce on whoever was causing the ruckus, till he saw who it was; Mary, the elderly woman from downstairs. She shot a smile in his direction that could've melted hearts.