16 | Playful Banters Laced with Honesty

Start from the beginning

"You son of-"

"Emeralda, please." He sighed, finally letting me go. His eyes searched for mine and I just glared at him for delaying me further.

"Leave if you can't take me like this, Axel. You don't need to guard me all the time. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I snapped, pulling my arm from his grip. He held up his hands as if surrendering to me and sighed.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. Can you let me drive? I don't want you getting hurt while you're about to drive your car against a wall."

"Fine." I huffed out a breath. He smirked. I was infuriated at him for not being affected by my anger. Most guys tend to back off but he kept following me like a damn lost puppy.

"Keys." He held out his hand and gestured to give me the keys.

"Glad you're my bodyguard or else I would have kicked you." I grumbled, giving him the keys before going to the car. He jogged towards the passenger's seat and opened it for me. Ignoring him, I went inside and reached for my seatbelt.

"Drive fast." I ordered as he got inside and started the engine.

"Yes ma'am." He replied with a smile before he pulled out of the parking lot and drove us to hell.

"What the fuck was that, Axel! You almost killed us!" I screamed at him once we arrived at home. The security guards cleared their way to the main door, acting innocent.

"You told me to drive faster when I already was hitting the limits. What the fuck do you want?" He raised a brow at me like it was normal to burn the wheels against the pavement with how fast he was driving.

"Not like that! You could have killed us." I threw my hands in the air and stomped my way to my room.

"Why are you even mad at me?" His voice was firm but gentle and a shiver traveled down my spine. I heard the keys rattle before I heard a click. I turned around to see what he was doing only to leave a gasp from my lips.

"Tell me, Emeralda. What do you really want me to do?" His voice vibrated and I could not possibly think it sent vibrations around my body. Was I scared of him? No. A foreign feeling made me step back from him.

"N-nothing. Just go to your post, Axel. I'll be right back." I pushed him out of the room and closed the door behind me, leaving me alone in the small-lit room of mine. I sagged down against the door, relief flowing through me.

What the hell was that? I fanned myself with my hands, feeling hot all of a sudden. It took me a minute to recover from it before I focused on what I have to do. Opening the lights of my room, I began to check the files I had hidden under my bed. Call me paranoid but I didn't want anyone touching my designs let alone copy them.

"2019...." I mumbled to myself, skipping one file to the other. 2019...

"Gotcha!" I grinned proudly, finally feeling the stress getting out of my body. Turning towards the door, I started to walk and then I remembered what I just did a few minutes ago. My smile dropped and a pit of uncertainty stirred down to my stomach.

I pushed him away... I bit my lip at the thought. Will he be angry at me? I flicked through my folder, hesitating to reach the doorknob.

I did push him away but he could have stayed if he wanted. I mean, pushing him would require huge strength but no. I lightly pushed him away... Did he intend to let me push him away? Thinking about it, he did. I took a deep breath and the first thing I noticed was him going through his phone. He was leaning against the wall in the hallway, waiting for me.

"You got it?" He asked, putting his phone back to his pocket. I showed him the silver folder I had with a smile.

"I did."