ii •°. *࿐ ᴛʜᴇ ᴢᴀᴇʙɪɴ

Start from the beginning

𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐒 •°. *࿐
ᴅɪsᴏʀᴅᴇʀs Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (not currently receiving treatment)

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 •°. *࿐
ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ Nadja Elharar of Shamenil
ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Hartmut Alida of Shamenil
ᴇʟᴅᴇʀ sɪsᴛᴇʀ Sacha Elharar of Shamenil

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 •°. *࿐
ʜᴀʀ sʜᴀᴍᴇɴɪʟ
ғᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ᴢᴀᴇʙɪɴ Nikol Inka of Shamenil
ᴄᴏɴғɪᴅᴀɴᴛᴇ Ada Elanouar of Shamenil

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 •°. *࿐
Sören was born the second child of Nadja Elharar and, three years after his elder sister Sacha. They were born the children of a renowned warrior, Nadja the Desert Hawk, champion of Har Shamenil. Raised in a time of war, the War Against the Death Dealers beginning in 2100, Sören saw his mother rise swiftly in power. And with her rose his elder sister, born Sehrin'ilhi, idolized by their har.

Sören, though loved dearly, was either left in the dust or clouded by intense expectations that held him in comparison to his elder family. Self-conscious of his own abilities, Sören promised himself that he'd become the best of his generation, and when the War Against the Death Dealers began when he was twelve, she saw his opportunity.

Though typically restricted to children, Sören began to learn combat, part of his training done by his family while taking on part of his training himself as he watched the adult warriors practice. He convinced the zaebin of his har to allow him an early Murmur zu Sensein, the challenge all must undergo to become an adult. Though normally taken at seventeen, the zaebin allowed him to pursue his Murmur zu Sensein at sixteen.

Sent into the wilderness of the River of Sand at sunset, Sören was tool-less and anxious. At around midnight, he came across a good-natured hyena who brought him to a water pool set between rocks, a break in the endless sand and rugged terrain. However, with his back turned, the hyena revealed itself to be a ghoul, shapeshifting into a monstrous creature that attacked him with the intention to feast. But with the rocks, the sand, and his cleverness, Sören evaded the ghoul and killed it, taking its head.

He returned to Kalder Nair at sunrise, handing the head of the ghoul to his zaebin while the har celebrated his return and subsequent rise to adulthood.

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐋 •°. *࿐
. . . work in progress . . .

𝐙𝐀𝐄𝐁𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐋 •°. *࿐
In the last legs of the War Against the Death Dealers, Tujamawut forces made one last attack against Har Shamenil, a final act of desperation. As the zaebin alongside several warriors, including the Desert Hawk and Sören himself, traveled to meet with Har Dauenil, the Tujamawut attacked their convoy. Using Calnovan weaponry, their convoy was cornered into an explosive device, which took out the zaebin and the Desert Hawk. Sören and the remaining warriors, shocked and disoriented, tore through the Tujamawut attackers in a fit of rage.

Once secure, their group split in two. Half of the warriors traveled back with the remains of the zaebin and the Desert Hawk while the other half accompanied Sören to go in their stead. Though Har Dauenil had been expecting the Shameni zaebin, they accepted Sören as the ambassador once news of her death had reached them, and though drowned by grief, Sören found a foothold in Har politics.

He returned to Kalder Nair to lead the funeral rites for his mother alongside his sister, and for the first time in a long time, Sacha and Sören had a heart-to-heart, once again dear siblings. After the funeral rites had passed, however, the position of zaebin had been left open. Though the late zaebin had left her recommendation of a successor, Har Shamenil still underwent the tradition selecting a zaebin. Sören, seeking justice for the deaths of his zaebin and his mother as well as empowered by his ambassadorship to Har Dauenil, suggested himself to be considered.

The position of zaebin was narrowed down to three candidates; Sören, one of his fellow warriors, and Ada, the late heir's recommendation. All three participated in the five day trial of Murmur zu Zaebin. The first day was a test of smarts, given a set of scenarios and told to find the solution he thought best. The second day was a test of wisdom, poised against the Elder Council and the Younger Council in debate. The third day was a test of heart, told to appeal to the people of Har Shamenil. The fourth day was a test of strength, sent out to gather food for the celebratory feast that would follow the zaebin selection. The fifth day was a test of faith, of approval by Kadar'sal and the Har.

On the fifth day, Sören and the other two candidates were sent into the River of Sand to reside in complete isolation for as long as possible. Four twenty-six hours, he sat in a state of meditation in a burrow between a mass of rocks. It wasn't until he heard screaming that he came to, finding the mangled body of the second candidate only a few feet shy of where he had been, a sandstorm billowing around them. In the sand, he spotted the monstrous form of a ghoul, circling around him like a hawk on prey.

As it dipped and weaved around him, Sören realized it had two companions, and from his sheath he drew his sword. His fight with them began in his favor, but swiftly, it turned to a ghoul victory as he struggled to keep up. Sword knocked from his hand, he was scrambling to defend himself. Then Ada came from the sand, teaming up with him to defeat the ghouls, the sandstorm fading moments later.

Their period of isolation broken, Ada and Sören returned to Kalder Nair with the heads of the vanquished ghouls and the body of their companion. The funeral rites took precedence, but once they had finished, it came time for the zaebin selection. Though he had expected Ada to receive it, it was announced that Har Shamenil had chosen him as zaebin. Ada, though upset, congratulated him like friends, and he brought her on as one of his confidantes.