PREQUEL

HAWKINS NATIONAL LABORATORY
HAWKINS, INDIANA
1975

"Are you sure Martin? He's just a kid, we shouldn't-"

The man with brown, now short and curly hair gelled backwards like he did in the military, impeccably dressed in white from head to toe, with only a black belt around the waist, turned to a man in his forties, in a smart suit, with white streaks in his brown hair.

"That child is very powerful, almost like a weapon, Norman"

"But we're talking about hunting a serial killer!"

" A serial killer who loves children like him, a perfect trap"

"This is a job for the BAU, certainly not ours!He's only eight years old,you can't do this to my son! " He said in the doctor's ear.

" Yes, I can. You signed a contract and his extransensory power makes him better than any other member of that department"

Dr Martin Brenner closed the argument and then opened the grey metal door with the number '009' on it,indicating the owner of the room, leaning slightly into it.

A child with a shaved blonde head, dressed in a grey tracksuit,a little oversized on his body, left the crayons  on his desk, turning to the door.

"Nine? It's time to do that important thing, Are you ready?" Said the Doctor.

Although, the child had high communicative skills for his age, he didn't respond, got up from the chair and went towards the man and took him by the hand.
In his eyes, there was a little bit of hatred for the man, when Papa asked something, you shouldn't disagree.You have to obey.
Also,when Nine spoke a little more than he was allowed to, Brenner didn't like that at all.
The group walked into a long corridor to a room with a extrasensory tank inside, they passed it, going straight into another room, with one metal table and three chairs.

The child was used to surpass it, after a while he didn’t need that tub, he could do it himself.
As they entered, two gentlemen stood up from the chairs and the one on the right spoke, "Dr Brenner, I am the Captain of the FBI, Alvin Maxxis, and he is the captain of the BAU department,Detective Zachary Sherwin"

Papa left Nine’s hand and the four adults shook hands, while Brenner introduced the others to the gentlemen "He is Mr Davis, collaborator and technician, and he" He put a hand behind the child’s back, encouraging him to move forward "is Nine".
Zachary lowered himself to the height of the child and observed him,then  extended his hand
"Nine? Is that a code name?"
"Yes" That was the only thing the kid said, he didn't move.

"Do you have a real name?"

The child looked at Papa in the corner of his eye, and then responded to the man

"no"

The dialogue was immediately interrupted by Brenner

"we prefer not to reveal it, maybe, some unwilling person might find out and track us"

Zachary nodded and got up to sit back down with the rest of the adults.
Except for Norman, whose helped the child get up on the chair and put a drawing and various photographs of missing children in front of him; then bent over and whispered in his ear,

"If you’re afraid, drop the cup,"

He said, putting a paper cup in front of him with water, which the child took a sip of it, to not give any suspicion.
The Captain started talking,

"he’s the Predatory,well maybe what we think he could look like based on the description the cousin of the last victim,made while she was attacked and her cousin kidnapped,and these are probably all of his victims,as you can see he likes boys.Can you track him? "