05 • compelled..?

Začít od začátku

She continued, "They've gathered humans and they've made a council. A movement against what they believe was read to them as a scary bedtime story has become reality. They have vervain, steaks, all the equipment they'd need to eliminate the species for good."

Her voice cracked as she spoke the last sentence, sounding scared. As much as I'd love to put forth into this movement Katherine is my sister and she is one of them. God I wish my sister didn't have to be so manipulative all the time.

"Thank you, truly Delaney for telling me this but I can't do anything. I wouldn't be of any help to anyone." I said sadly, looking at the ground.

She stopped us in our tracks, "That's just it, Hadiya. You are so much more powe—"

Her voice stopped as a hand was placed on my shoulder. I immediately brushed it off and turned around to find the youngest Salvatore brother.

"Hadiya," His voice sounded broken, like a loved one had just passed, "Can we talk?"

I looked back to the girl behind me but she was gone, nowhere in sight. My head whipped back towards Stefan as I tried to be the least bit judgmental as I could manage.

"Walk." I instructed with a harsher tone than I intended. Stefan nodded quickly, starting down the path that I was walking with Delaney.

He stopped, "Could we sit down, perhaps?"

I held in the urge to roll my eyes. I am in no mood for games.

"Fine," I shrugged, "After you."

He led us over to a water fountain, sitting on the edge of it. Before I sat down I noticed his hand gripping the edge of the fountain till his knuckles practically turned pale white. His other hand just shook against the concrete.

He didn't talk. We just sat there in silence. I don't know if it was comfortable silence for him but it certainly wasn't for me so I broke it.

"Are you here to apologize, maybe bring me another heartfelt poem?" I asked with little to no sincerity.

His eyebrows furrowed before looking up at me, "What? What are you talking about, Hadiya? What poem?"

I let out a dry laugh as I titled my head back, "Oh don't play dumb with me, Stefan. You know what you did and idiocy will get you nowhere."

He placed his head in his hands as I heard what sounded like weeping coming from him. I closed my eyes as it took everything in me not to ask if he's alright.

"I'm so confused," He croaked out, "There's holes in my memory, things I can't remember. I'm so so sorry, Hadiya, but I truly don't know what you're talking about."

He's telling the truth. Delaney saying he's being compelled, him showing strong emotions regarding his confusion, he's not lying.

I completely melted. I took his shaky hands in mine and brought his knuckles to my lips to place a soft kiss upon them.

"You're okay, Stefan," I dropped his hands, cupping mine around his cheeks, "Everything is going to be fine."

He flinched unwillingly out of my touch, his fear taking the best of him.

"I'm sorry." He cried out as if I would be mad at him for rejecting my affection. I looked at him with sadness, not knowing how to help him now as he rubbed his eyes to try and rid their pain. I slid back, making sure to give him as much space as he needed.

"Whenever you're ready, Stefan. I will be right here to talk when you are comfortable." I wanted to place a soothing hand on his back, run my fingers through his hair, comfort him in any way I could but I know he's so scared out of his mind that affection would only make it worse.