“So,” the ravenette began, pointing the tip of her glass, the contents spilling a bit, towards the man. You are in love with V.”

“No—” Eduan choked on his wine and answered too fast for his liking. “Maybe...?” The creases on her forehead seemed to increase the more he responded stupidly. “Yes.”

Perhaps, it was not the best idea to let a tipsy Ha Yurin back him into an inescapable corner. “It’s complicated.”

He’s complicated.’ And it is destroying him.

“Oh.” She blinked, swirling the liquid, but was actually absentmindedly staring at the stained trail it leaves. It was how you know you’ve been served finely aged wine.

“Ari Han.” If her crimson eyes could kill, the whole team would most probably be attending his wake by sunrise. You love him.”

“Yes.” The fainter her response, the more impossible everything felt. She must have liked Ari Han more than she thought to be this sad, and Eduan couldn’t really do anything but whisper, “I’m sorry.”

“Well, don’t be. It’d suck to remember hearing that from someone who is stuck in the same boat.”

He chuckled along with her before leaning his head back, gazing upon the night sky in deep thought. “It’s Blossom, isn’t it?”

“Isn’t that obvious?” Perhaps. He swore he saw something lethal behind those friendly smiles and words of congratulations hours ago. It just never occurred to him that Han would let the jealousy leak out in a crucial time. “Of course, it’s Blossom. It’s everyone. It is always someone else— anyone, but never me. Why? Why can’t it be me?”

‘Why can’t it be us?’

Both regulars shared a pitiful sigh before facing the magnificent view of the floral garden Gustang had custom-made for Blossom— something so romantic and sincere, but cannot be appreciated for now, settling on drowning their sorrows in alcohol. Suddenly, his eyes caught sight of the two figures he never wanted to see in one frame for the time being, exiting the maze, smiling and seemingly stuck in their own little worlds.

Khun Eduan had always known he should quickly be getting used to this scene already. Be able to brush the feelings off as per usual. But, the damn woman looked up, past her companion, and towards the balcony where they were staying, and what may have looked like an innocent action of leaning closer towards the male and picking petal that had landed on his head while discreetly sneering at the bluenet makes Eduan assume it as a declaration of war.

The latter took off his coat and draped it over Yurin, covering her head until her middle calf, then glanced back at the pair— the ebony haired woman— Arlene— mainly, with a blank expression.

“Uh, are you okay in the head?”

“Peachy.” V noticed his intense glaring, rather surprised to see Eduan looking down at them with a menacing stare from such great distance. “And, I’m sure Han will come around, Yurin.”

‘Still, I wonder if V will do the same for me.’

When Khun Eduan next opens his eyes, he gazes in amaranthine— deep purple which knows no doubt.

In the Northern Region’s culture, πορφύρα is quite a rarity. A Tyrian classical antique. Purple is the color of royalty and luxury, as well as spirituality. Yet, it also means sadness and mourning. It wasn’t Eduan’s favorite color growing up, but if this is the first thing he wakes up to every morning and goes to sleep with every night, then he might as well change it this instant.