But that only made her too predictable. She could guess the future, but what if the present changed? The future would shift automatically. Nothing is set on stones. Things change.

He succeeded. But he lost.

He succeeded in taking away everything that was supposed to be his. And as usual, Evelyn stood like a mountain between Victor and her on run husband. but what Evelyn didn't know was the brother of James. She hadn't seen him after marriage. Never. Victor was too proud. He cared much about his reputation. He avoided meeting them in all circumstances.

And that day too, Evelyn was kept in dark. Victor caused a short circuit and the lights went out. She won't be able to see his face; he won't feel guilty anyway. He won't kill her. He would just do enough to keep her down.

But he found her in the kitchen. She was standing alone. Calm. Silent. There was no trace of James and their child.

He pointed his gun in her direction. His hand was trembling. Shaking with fear. But still he kept it steady, aimed at her.

He asked her their whereabouts. She didn't reply. He couldn't see her expression. And suddenly the attack he anticipated came.

Five shots. Five down. All best shooters.
Where did she learn that?

He had thought that in all those years of surprise attacks, James had someone backing him up. In his shadows, always protecting him. But there was no one who could survive and come back to report it to him.

Was it her all along?

He ducked in time to evade her last bullet. It missed him but found it's target on another of his men.

What he noticed the next moment was that she was using a gun that made no sound while shooting. He only guessed it from the short muffled noise the bullets made while piercing into their bodies.

He no longer had time.
He had to shoot her.

He strained his ears for movements. There was none. She was intelligent.

He smiled.

Evelyn Williams. She was like a rose. Effortlessly beautiful yet exquisitely dangerous.

Creak!

He smirked. She was caught. It was the Williams mansion after all. There was a tradition to use wood flooring in kitchen. But that was even more strange. Why was the noise made?

Late realisation and quick trigger.

Two shots. One miss, one hit her abdomen. She groaned and fell on her knees. She must be weak. She had given birth to a child recently. James' child. And it was a place where she would get hurt but she won't die.

Quickly two women emerged and carried her out. To treat her injuries, as instructed by Victor.

He instructed his men to use flashlights.

And he was right. James had already escaped. Evelyn was not unwilling to answer him but was bidding time. Time for her bomb to explode.

05...04...03...02...01...00

Initiating wide range power burst.

Before he could react, it was all over.

He had lost again. But he gained half his motive.

Evelyn Williams. She was now his.

Or so he had thought.

He found himself hospitalized later. Eva hadn't opened her eyes. James had already disappeared. No raids from his side to rescue Eva.

Hah! He could not have loved her. She was too intelligent to be his type.

James was naive. Foolish. He loved his family too much and trusted people easily. That was a fine excuse for him to lose Evelyn.

But she never woke up. Not after three days.

Amnesia. The doctor had informed.

Much more good done. She would forget James and now he stood a chance. He could protect her and love her. But fate had other plans.

James managed to put him on hit list. He had successfully revealed his dark jobs and now the police was chasing him.

No choice left. He was at dead end.

Unless...

To be continued

To be continued...