𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Start from the beginning

"Eight" Max answers, then Antonio walks in. "Patrols got eyes on the dad's car"

"Alright, go and tell everyone the boy is injured, so we gotta move" Hank orders.

🪩🪩🪩

Hank, Jay, Al and Maxine drive down the street that the patrol officers said they spotted Wes Denton's car on.

"That's it" Jay says, pointing to a small black car ahead of them.

"Assume Denton's armed, but remember we might have a kid in there" Voight says over his walkie and pulls up behind the car.

"Copy that" Antonio answers through his walkie, pulling up behind Voight.

The team gets out of their cars, with their guns drawn and slowly walk up to the car.

"Clear!" Al shouts.

"Hold up" Jay says, pointing his gun towards something bulging out under a blanket in the backseat and Al then smashes in the window and opens the car door to find nothing but clothes and a pair of shoes.

Maxine pops the trunk and Antonio slowly opens it to find nothing in there either, who asks, "He's leaving town?"

"Hey! What are you guys doing?" a guy questions, walking out of the building.

"Wes Denton?" Kevin questions.

"Yeah"

"Where's your son?" Antonio asks, holding up his badge, as Jay starts to pat him down.

"What? Why...home. Why? What happened?" Denton asks, starting to panic, "what's going on?"

"There's been a crime" Voight says.

🪩🪩🪩

"Anyone in your wife's life, or your life you were having problems with?" Maxine asks Denton now back in interrogation.

"That would do this? No"

"You own a Smith and Wesson, correct?" Voight asks, sitting across from the grieving husband.

"That's right. I do"

"So, where is it?"

"At the house"

"It's not at the house"

"Then I don't know where it is...maybe you know, maybe whoever did this to my family. Maybe they took it"

"Wes, where's your son, Jordan?"

"I already told you, I don't know"

"Why'd you have all those clothes in your car? Where were you headed?" Max questions, leaning her hands on the silver table.

"Do I need a lawyer?"

"Why would you need a lawyer, Wes, if you haven't done anything wrong?"

"Because I feel like your pushing me in a direction that is unthinkable and untrue"

"Why all the clothes?" Hank questions.