𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Start from the beginning

"Neighbor heard gunshots. Called it in" Patrolman Bob Ruzek, tells Hank, Maxine and Al outside of the crime scene.

"So, you're the responding officer?" Al asks.

"I was"

"Alright, Bob. Thanks" Hank says, patting the patrolman on the shoulder, as he and Al head towards the house, "and your kids doing great. Both of them" 

"Hey pops" Adam says, going in for a handshake with his old man, "I thought you switched to days?"

"Nah, I've been back on midnight's for a few months now. City's prettier at night" Bob states, then looks over at the brunette, "so, who was that guy that dropped you off?"

Maxine cleared her throat, and looked at Adam who looked confused and then back at the man who raised her, "Um..." then she sighs, "I was on a date"

"A what?" Adam and Bob said in unison. Maxine rolls her eyes, "I'm gonna go see the crime scene if you two would like to come with" then she walks away.

Bob looks at his son, "did you know about this?"

"Nope"

"She used to tell me everything"

"Lucy Denton, the mom" Bob continues on, walking in behind his son into the crime scene, "Daughters name is Shelby. Lucy knew somebody at the mayor's office, which is why you guys got called in, I guess"

"Husband live here?" Dawson asks, kneeled down next to the mothers body.

"Uh, yeah, Wes Denton, husband and father, don't know where he is, doesn't answer his phone and there's an eight year old son, Jordan, don't know where he is"

"Silva from homicide said they found casings from a Smith and Wesson. Same caliber registered to Wes Denton" Al says.

"I found an open gun case in the master closet. gun was gone"

"Motion detectors, window sensors is top of the line security system" Atwater says, walking back into the living room, "Do you know if the alarm was set?"

"Technician tells me it is. So, whoever entered has access to the code"

"Or they forced someone to enter it" Dawson suggests.

"Yeah, or that"

"Hey, you get a ping on the father's phone or GPS?" Voight asks Bob, but he looks confused, "Got a location?"

"I'm just the responding officer"

"So, that's a no?" Voight questions and everyone looks at Bob.

"Wow. They don't call it intelligence for nothing, huh?" Bob says. Maxine looked at Adam, who pulled their dad aside.

"Yo. I got something" Kevin shouts and Hank and Max follow his voice into the laundry room.

"Yeah, what is it?" Voight says.

"We got blood on the floor" Kevin says, pointing his flashlight on the carpet then onto the washing machine with a bloody handprint on it, "and we got this....how old did they say the boy was?"