𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"Sounds good" Voight says.

"We need Intelligence to focus on Mendoza's three Lieutenants, Emilio Quentin, Eduardo Fuentos and Franco Gamboa" Erin says, pulling their pictures up behind her on the big screen, "we find them, they'll lead us to Mendoza and the money and hopefully Kylie"

"Lieutenants it is"

"You know, there are other guys in the cartel. You look into any of them?" Olinsky questions.

"Mendozas the only zeta member we were able to get eyes on" Lang says, "but if you find a name, follow it down"

"We got a problem" Agent Castillo says, walking into the room, "Kylie's brother just filed a missing persons report"

"Her brother?" Antonio asks, "what's his story?"

"He's a nobody. Call OEMC and have them redact that bulletin and bring the brother in. We don't want any other agency touching his case" Lang says then looks over at the intelligence team, "one of our techs can get you set up in a conference room. Analysts are at your disposal"

"Yeah, we know what we got to do" Hank says, "I prefer to run this out of our own shop, if it's all the same"

Lang stares blankly at Voight then says, "stay in contact"

"Of course" Voight says as they start to leave. Maxine gives Erin a fist pump, following after her sergeant.

🪩🪩🪩

"I wouldn't mind a federal paycheck. It'd be a lot more than I'm making now" Jay says, leaning back in his chair.

"I wouldn't mind some of those flat screens. You'd take this place out of the 70s if you put them in here" Kevin says.

"Yeah they got nice offices and all but I don't totally understand Lindsay going there" Adam says. Max looks at her best friend and raises an eyebrow and asks, "Why not?"

"I don't know, it's too uptight. She's all rough and tumble. I mean, I don't know, maybe she's more of a ladder climber than we thought"

"Oh, ambition ain't a crime, kid" al says.

"Fair enough. Also, is Mickey really back in the rangers?" Adam asks and Maxine looks at him and he immediately shuts up.

Jay looks at his phone then says, "Hey, hey. The task force put trackers on three of Mendoza's work cars. They call come back registered to a Cassie Thomas"

"Cassie Thomas" Atwater repeats as he looks over the file on his desk, "Yeah, Cassie Thomas. Girlfriend to Emilio Quentin. Isn't that one of the lieutenants?"

"Yup, that's him"

"Here" Antonio says, grabbing the file from Kevin, "Max you read, I'll drive"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine and Antonio knock at the apartment door of Cassie Thomas. A couple minutes later the door opens to reveal Cassie, holding some sort of small hairless dog.

"I thought you were the delivery guy" Cassie says. Max holds up her badge as she and Dawson walk in. "Nice cat"

"Wow" Antonio says.