"Alright, it's a through in through. This is a 4x4 and what you're gonna do is hold-"

"Chill!" Leon says, wincing in pain.

"Sorry, hold it here. You're gonna wait for the next ambulance. I've got to get the other kid to the hospital," Nicole tells Cruz, standing quickly.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Nicole sighs, watching as Shay honks the horn in traffic, before trying to drive forward and stopping suddenly, "Whoa! Shay! Relax!"

Gabby rests her forehead on Nicole's shoulder, glancing up, "Oh, check it out," She points out an arguing couple, "Who's fault do you think it is?"

"Woman's. Always the woman's," Shay says, "It's why I'm happily single," Before honking the horn again.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Arriving back at the firehouse, the girls find Otis digging a bullet out of the goat while Cruz turns to Shay, "Hey, Shay, you've got a visitor."

Gabby and Nicole stop, rolling their eyes at each other when they see Clarice, "Hey, look what the cat dragged in."

"Cat brought pumpkin pie," Mouch says with his mouth full.

Shay and Clarice share a hug as Nicole goes to grab a cup of coffee, allowing Gabby to eavesdrop while Nicole studies body language. Gabby rolls her eyes even more while Nicole sighs.

"Gabriela Dawson. Nicole Severide," The guy on the couch calls out, holding up two cups.

They each grab one, before heading to the bathroom to complete their drug tests.

♣️♣️♣️♣️ 

Nicole slams Matt's office door shut, he doesn't even flinch, "How long did you watch Shay and Clarice talk before storming up here?"

"Maybe five minutes. She just...I don't understand...ugh! She's pregnant and married, why the hell is she coming after Shay now? We all saw how much she broke Shay the first time and I will not peel her off the bathroom floor because of that woman a second time," Nicole rants, pacing back and forth.

Matt looks at her, "Sometimes, you need to let people make their own mistakes."

"Trust me. I have no problem letting Shay make her own mistakes, but she has this-this blindspot when it comes to seeing what she deserves in a relationship. Gabby and I are determinded to make her see it and stop whatever may happen with Clarice," She tells. him, sighing as she takes a seat on his lap.

"You're so caring. However, Shay is a grown woman and can protect herself," Matt reminds her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek.

Cruz's voice comes over the house, "Chow's up."

Matt pats the side of her thigh, "Turkey time. C'mon, some good ole' Thanksgiving food will make everything better."

She smiles, grabbing his hand to head to the common room where Mills sets the food on the table, "Okay, we've got cranberries, gravy, that stuffing is the sh-" He stops when he sees the kid at the table, "Uh, sorry, Ernie, that stuffing is really good. Dig in."

Everyone grabs a seat around the table as Boden stands at the head ready to carve the turkey, "This is the best lookin' bird that we've had in years. Okay, what'd we gonna name it?"

"Oh, jeez," Herrmann sighs.

"Name it?" Mills sister asks.

"Yeah, always name the bird before you eat it. Usually after an old girlfriend or boyfriend or something," Boden explains, causing laughter.