[♦we'll meet again]

3rd person

hot tears stream down Natasha's cheeks and land on Wanda's shoulder. She pushes her face into Wanda's neck trying to obtain some comfort from the action. Wanda holds her tighter, desperately holding onto her wife. Her heart breaking even further at her distraught wife, at hearing her sobs.

She didn't want any of this. None of this should have happened. Natasha and her should be on their honeymoon at this moment. If only Steve hadn't sent Wanda on that damn mission in Lagos.

"I can't - I can't do this without you, Wanda. I don't w-want to. I can't, I can't, I can't." Natasha murmurs quietly over and over again between sobs.

She can't contain the tears the form in her eyes and rained down her cheeks as well.

She shouldn't be leaving her wife. She Didn't want to do this. Lagos was simply a mistake. She made a simple miscalculation but unfortunately it cost hundreds of people their lives and this is her punishment.

"I know, my darling. I know. " Wanda's voice breaks with every single word.

Natasha pulls away, resting her forehead against Natasha's - their noses lightly touching.

"Will you call me and tell me you're alright? 'Cause I'll worry about you the whole time. I just - need to - I won't sleep until you're safe." Natasha pleaded, soft sniffing slipping in through her words.

Wanda stays quiet and just hold her wife. Contacting anyone would be risky. She was being watched very closely. So many things could go wrong. She can't even guarantee she'll make it through the night. She desperately tries to push that horrid thought away but it says pounded into her mind.

"I'll do my best." Wanda replies.

A few hot tears race down both Wanda and Natasha's cheeks, clouding their vision.

"Promise to find your way back to me?" Natasha pleads again, making wanda promise her yet the impossible for a second time that night.

Wanda lifts Natasha's chin, staring into her beautiful, gentle green eyes now raw from crying, "I promise to find you. In every version of reality; I'll find you and I'll love you. We'll say hello again." Wanda promises.

Natasha gives of something of a smile. She crashes her lips onto Wanda's delicately brushing them against hers. She pours every single of emotion into it - as if it's last one because it was. She cries into Wanda's mouth a little but Wanda doesn't care. She kisses back with just as much emotion, just as much tensity.

"Just you and I, my darling. " Wanda mumbles and Natasha nods, wiping away her tears.

"just you and I, Мое сердце (My heart)"

"It's time, Wanda." Clint says from the door,watching the sad scene unfold before him.

Wanda reluctantly takes a few steps back, moving further and further away from her wife. As she reaches the door, she turns grabbing her bag with her belongings. She takes one look at her wife who sobs silently.

She places her foot out the compound and slowly, one foot in front of the other, she finds herself entering the back seat of a black car driven by Clint - destination unknown. She gets in and closes the door, not looking back.

The world could rest assured of one thing though, the story of Wanda and Natasha was far from over. It wasn't and wouldn't be known as some tragic love story - they wouldn't allow it. Come hell or high water, rain or shine, Wanda would be back.