Chapter 2

JAYDEN

  I still couldn't believe Scott dragged me into this and most of all how did I agree to this madness? I couldn't sleep all night and how could I? When I knew what I had to do in the near future. Tricking an innocent girl and taking her to Scott, just the thought of it made my guts wrench. I felt disgusted with myself!

  I dragged my suitcase behind me as I passed the clearance. River was busy flirting his ass off with some random girl like usual and I glared at him. I swear all that guy can ever think about is girls. We just landed in New York and he was having trouble keeping it in his pants! I didn't have time for this. I wanted this mission to be over as soon as possible so I could save my self from all this guilt. River obviously, sensing my mood stopped immediately and walked in my direction.

  "Lets get a cab. I know the address to the hotel," he suggested and I nodded my head as we advanced towards the exit. I hadn't really spoken to River. He knew that I wasn't particularly cheerful about this trip. The guy knew better than to get on my bad side, so he didn't bother saying anything as well.

  I was quiet the entire ride but River couldn't stop his yapping about how Los Angeles was much better than New York. I could tell that even the driver was starting to lose his calm around him and I smirked, this was so typical of him to annoy the hell out of the other person. Don't get me wrong I loved him like a younger brother that I never had, but sometimes I just wanted to stuff a sock in his mouth.

  We finally pulled up in front of some fancy looking hotel. I could tell that it was in some posh area because of all the security. I knew exactly why Scott picked it. It blended well with the story, if the girl asked why I was in Manhattan.

  Grabbing my suitcase, I stepped out of the cab and made my way inside through the self-closing door. A bell boy immediately took our suitcase as River went over to the reception desk to get the key card.

  By the time we got to our suite I was really tired to look around, unlike River who left a puddle of drool on the expensive carpet with his mouth hanging open as he continued to gawk.

  I took my suitcase from the bell boy and went straight to my room. There was a sudden, sharp burst of pain in my head and I closed my eyes. This was probably due to my lack of sleep. I downed a few painkillers down my throat.

  Kicking my shoes off, I buried my face in the pillow and made a useless attempt to leave everything behind. The pills soon kicked in as my eyelids started to get heavy and I drifted into a restless sleep.

  ✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

  The sound of someone knocking on the door woke me up and I groaned, lifting my head from the pillow. I rubbed my temples while getting up and glanced at the wall clock.

  There was another knock. I stood up and walked over to the door and opened it to reveal River standing there with a cell phone in his hand.

  "Scott," he said apologetically and handed me the phone. I let out an aggravated sigh and I gripped the phone tightly. I really wasn't up for this right now.

  "Yeah?" I asked dryly and River shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another. He knew exactly how heated up situations could get when I talked to Scott.

  "Next time, pick up your fucking phone when I call you!" He barked. I still had a slight headache and decided to ignore him. I was in no mood of shooting back sarcasm even though I felt anger boil in my blood as soon as I heard his voice.

  "What do you want?" Was all that I said and heard him curse before he spoke again.

  "You're starting the job tomorrow. I want her here as soon as possible," he snapped and I clenched my jaw while taking a few deep breaths too calm myself. Did he really need to remind me?