Chapter IX: Head On

Start from the beginning

King Raz vs War Hawk

War Hawk gets up from the floor, the King glares at the droid intensely. As War Hawk gets to his feet he greets the beast King saying, "Nice to meet you again your highness. Already cashing in at your offer for a rematch I see." The King remains silent as War hawk gets up. Then from behind the King, swooping in at immense speed is the eldest prince. The prince grabs War Hawk like a falcon catching a fish in the water to satisfy its hunger.

But War Hawk is no mere fish. That is proven when the prince thinks to fling the droid in the air. Before the prince can release War Hawk from the grips of its jaws. War Hawk hits the prince with an attack with its laser beams from the tech in its helmet. The beams pierce through the prince's beak drawing blood. War Hawk spins in the air, spreads his wings, and stops the momentum of the prince's attack.

Before the prince can tend to the pain of there being two holes in its mouth he proceeds to continue the attack and dives in to bite through the droid until he hears an order from his father. He yells to the prince, "Use your talons boy! The prey is still lively you must attack with range and wear him down first!" War Hawk slightly offended at being called prey attacks instantly by drawing his sword. The razhdarchidae prince however beats War hawk to the point of attacking first. Or that's what it seems like at first. War Hawk has drawn the blade and cut the prince's striking leg in all that seemed to be under one second. The prince grimaces in pain then dives in for a headbutt striking the droid down. War Hawk lands on the ground and then gains an offensive stance while holding his sword only to be attacked by his blindside causing him to tumble. The King dives on War Hawk then proceeds to stomping him to the ground. War Hawk swipes at the two beasts causing the two to fall back giving him enough space to get back on his feet.

War Hawk stands up again and sees both dinosaurs standing over him. War Hawk looks toward the cliff where Amaro is and sees him occupied with a fight against Kapurma and the younger razhdarchidae prince. He sees the pirates standing by watching the beasts attack him. War Hawk thinks to himself, "They had another companion. Where is she at?" Just as War Hawk thinks this both dinosaurs dive in and attack. The droid dodges blows by the King and prince with ease. War hawk moves with the blows as if he's caught in a dance with his opponents.

As the droid flawlessly dodges the attacks he lets go of the hilt of his sword with one hand. And through the tech of the gemstones attached to his hand, slashes the beast King who partially blocks the attack with his arm. The strike draws blood but doesn't cut deep enough to draw enough concern for the King due to his thick dinosaur skin and fast reflexes. As the King draws his arm back, War Hawk grips the hilt of his sword with two hands. He raises his blade above his head and blocks a strike from Diwata as she reappears jumping over the battlefield onto King Raz's shoulder and ultimately missing a strike intended for War Hawk's head.

War Hawk looks up toward Diwata and tells her, "You're gonna need more than speed to land a strike on me girl!" War Hawk lifts his blade further above his head lifting Diwata with it. Now with her elevated, she's in a perfect position with the stolen center gemstone from Supremeo.

As the stone begins to glow with a blinding light King Raz remembers the moment Zachary was attacked with War Hawk's laser beams. Without hesitation King Raz Rams himself into Diwata pushing her out of the way from a center stone energy blast from War Hawk. King Raz suffers a mere bruise due to his thick dinosaur skin.

While falling back from the hit, Diwata is revealed to be wearing high-tech boots that activate attached rockets and help her regain her balance while in the air.

She looks to King Raz and War Hawk as they continue their battle. The prince flies next to Diwata to tell her how to attack. He tells her, "Wait for your moment. It will pop up. Trust your instincts and you will know when to jump in."

As Diwata and the prince watch this battle, War Hawk begins to talk to his opponent telling the beast King, "Pitiful, your strategy is to keep attacking in hopes to overwhelm me?!"

King Raz tells War Hawk, "that's one way to look at it." The King Misses with a slash, but reaches out with a powerful bite gripping the droid with its powerful jaws.

War Hawk again holds his sword with one hand, revealing his talons in the other. His talons begin to emit a glow of intense energy with the gemstones attached to his palms.

Before he can strike the King with his talons, War Hawk is struck across his helmet by Diwata's inekium staff. She flung her staff with enough precision to meet the droid's jaw. The attack gives the crew enough time to land another successful attack. As soon as the staff crashes to the ground the prince dives in and grips War hawk's upper body with its jaws. Then both the King and prince dive down plunging the droid and their beaks hard onto the surface of the planet. They both release their opponent. The King is left with a bloody shoulder, and a damaged leg. The prince has a busted beak. Both dinosaurs and Diwata see the droid getting back to his two feet from behind the smoke.

As they brace themselves for an attack. The crew hears a voice from behind them that says, "Thanks for the help! Dig the whole Amazon wilderness look, girl. You're gonna have to show me where you got cool with some dinosaurs also. They'd make a great addition to the team." Diwata looks to see who's greeting her. It's none other than Erik Lowell the leader of the pirates and half-brother to their friend Ryan Burgos.

Diwata recognizes him through the time they spent in Edenn with Ryan bringing up his family during their time off from training. She goes over to pick up her staff and stretches her arms then tells Erik, "Show your respect. This is the beast King, King Raz. And his eldest prince." Erik smiles and says, "King Raz? Ahh, some say I'm royalty around these parts myself."

Erik approaches the dinosaurs and places his hand across his chest as if he's initiating a pledge. Then a suit of armor materializes over his body. He tells his prehistoric companions, "Thanks for helping out my guys. Sorry, it took me a while to get here. I appreciate the help and all that. But I like to put in work myself. I couldn't let you guys and the lady have all the fun now should I?" King Raz looks to Erik and nods.

Erik says to himself, "Well will you look at that? He understands me." The prince replies to Erik telling him, "Not only that. We can speak your language too." Erik sees this and says, "Wow will you look at that! Talking and fighting dinosaurs! Not every day you get to tell people about this!"

The beast King and prince brace themselves for the next round against War Hawk with both the Pirate King and Diwata by their side.